Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Omagh Half Marathon 2011

• 20-01-2011 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Omagh Half Marathon 2 April 2011

Folks

Just wondering if anybody has ran this event before..signed up for this run, with no info on the course.

Is it a flat course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hehirc

Hi Cassman

Ran this course about 2003 or 2004. Some parts of it were hilly enough- I think it goes with the terrrain- the sperrin mountains cover a large part of the county. Still very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

I have run Omagh Half in recent years. Generally well organised and good value entry fee.

The course is hilly overall, although no very steep sections AFAIR. Downhill from the start for 1/2 miles, then rises after 4/5 miles. Undulating in the middle miles, with a drag uphill around 9/10 miles for best part of a mile. The last 2 miles or so are downhill and fast. There may be a course profile on the race website for more detailed info. Best of luck with your run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cassman83

Cheers folks, it helps when you have a rough idea what the course is like..i ran a half marathon last summer, and the day before the race, myself and a friend got in the car and had a drive around the course, which def helped alot..we knew that when we hit certain points we knew how hard, or that we are faced with a steep hill..i checked the omagh harriers website but it seems to be upgrading..but no course layout on the website..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

ANybody doing this race on Saturday?

Looking forward to it, should be a challenging course if its as hilly as others are saying. Not sure what the weather is going to be like on Sat though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sillystoon

Did this last year as my 1st half marathon,soon realised theres very little flat terrain,although most hills were short with an instant downhill to follow except the section heading out the Cookstown rd which is more gradual and energy sapping.(1 mile approx)Heard the course is ammended and faster this year though.Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Yeah I'm doing this aswell. Anyone know where there's parking nearby? Apparently there won't be parking in the Leisure Complex.

Advertisement