Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KTM RC8

• 20-01-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Flicking through Bike earlier and I saw that KTM have ceased production of the RC8! 5 years as a concept and only 3 years in production.

It went on to say that the RC8R is still being developed, it has been modified for 2011 and is just over £2K cheaper than the 2010, including the VAT increase.

Sad to see a bike, that when it came out was getting great reviews, not lasting the pace.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yea it's a pity, future classic for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Sad to see a bike, that when it came out was getting great reviews, not lasting the pace.

Did it get any great reviews? It has astonishing looks and performance, but every review I read complained about the gearbox (which was rectified eventually). I know two people who have one and both say it's nothing but a PITA to keep on the road.

As a track bike fine, but as soon as you put any miles on it, you might as well give up -certainly given the fact that you have to take a trip up to Norn Iron to get any dealer support.

A 1198r would be more reliable and enjoyable experience, but I agree, it is a shame to see it going.

Advertisement