Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company/Developer Issues

Options
  • 20-01-2011 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

I have recently bought a new apartment and am living there almost a year.

I bough an apartment in the first phase of the build so there are still 12 more apartments still to be completed.

The first 8 apartments are all complete and have been bought and people living in them, bar one which is the show apartment.

My problem is that there are outstanding issues with the developer (who at the moment have taken the role of management company).

A management meeting was called several months ago when all residents where complaining to the management company/developer about many building issues (i.e. no car parking complete, no out door lighting, no side gate to rear garden, no bin shed - to name a few), these may be small issues but as they have been outstanding now for several months are becoming bigger and more annoying issues.

Numerous meetings have been held since the first but sadly the vast majority of issues are still out standing...

We keep getting fobbed off with excuses as to why things haven't been done every time we enquire!!!!

Now I personally feel these issues are something that the developer is obliged to sort out for us! As they are things that were meant to be provided! But still we are getting no results!

How do we get them to pull the finger out?

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Get together with the other owners and call an EGM. You are all members of the management company, as is the developer. He has responsibilities to you. By calling an official EGM it has more standing than an owners meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 everlast1

EGM?
    What would be the difference between this and any other meeting we have had?

We have had several over the last six months to no prevail. Outstanding issues always the same...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

As the developer is the director of the management company, an EGM can seek to have them removed as a director or add additional directors. Developer as Director is a conflict of interests (though standard) while there are issues as they are not acting in the best interests of the members of the Management Company ie the owners. An EGM has a place in Company Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Find someone who can represent you - a solicitor (or accountant) might be useful, but anyone with directorial experience would be useful.

The reality is that the developer doesn't have the cash.

Advertisement