Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 75min half marathon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I think I should rename my thread sub 95min half marathon.I know im only back a few days but normally I feel alot better,maybe its the excess weight and lack of training paartners.
    Did 7miles today @ 7.40 pace and to be honest it felt like I was running 6min pace,was out of breath and not comfortable.

Have bike ride tommorow and legs falling of me,gona be fun;)
    Total run miles for the week:31
    Total on the bike so far:65 with tommorow to come

Will be doing five or six miles monday morning @ around 8 min pace if you interested

Or Tuesday morning 5 miles @ 9 min pace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

ecoli wrote: »
    Will be doing five or six miles monday morning @ around 8 min pace if you interested

Or Tuesday morning 5 miles @ 9 min pace?

I also hope to make it out Monday mornings so might jump in if it suits. Wouldn't worry about training at the moment. It just takes longer to come back from injury the closer you get to 30 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

ohh ye have a go at the 30year old lol
    I have exams int he morning so going to be tight for time.

Did 90k ont he bike today,pace was very slow but enjoyed it.Not as tired as last Sundays spin.

total:155k cycling
    total:31miles running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I also hope to make it out Monday mornings so might jump in if it suits. Wouldn't worry about training at the moment. It just takes longer to come back from injury the closer you get to 30 :D

Bit late getting to this but i free any time so let me know what time suits you if you get a chance to see this before you head out on your run?

Had a day off from work today but kept putting off run till clubmate was on facebook and met him for 9mile slog in the mud in the Phoenix park.
    Average pace was around 7.20
    good feeling after the run,did a goos stretch on my quad and calfs.

Monday:9.80miles

• Advertisement

steady 7.2miles in the phoenix park today with an old workmate of mine.Non stop chatter on the run,amazing how fast it goes past when chatting away.
    went to track after and did 6 x 100m strides.

Tuesday:8miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

steady 7.2miles in the phoenix park today with an old workmate of mine.Non stop chatter on the run,amazing how fast it goes past when chatting away.
    went to track after and did 6 x 100m strides.

Tuesday:8miles

Sounds like you're getting there bit by bit. I'd say you're dying to race at this stage.

Normally I would but im not this time round.want to do things right.
    Have picked out a race end of April just to see where im at and also have a little holiday.
    Most of my main aims for the year are in Sept and October so no panic.;)

Ran into work today with backpack on.Felt so heavy and tired.Was probably a mix of last few days training load and so early in the morning.
    total miles 3.7 @ 7.50 pace

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

keep up the good work Kev, the legs will soon come around and the weight will fall off!!

• Advertisement

ran at 8am this morning,training partner stood me up.
    anyway ran for 3miles and decided to put in 2miles steady in the middle.
    Was funny cause after about 30seconds at about 6.30 pace I knew i wasnt able to run steady so just kept run easy enough at 7min miles.

total miles:7.5

Nice easy run to start the day well.Ran for 50mins with a mate in the phoenix park.covered about 6.5miles
    Might hit the bike tommorow,active recovery day or just take the day off all together.
    Plan is a longish run on Sunday of arounf 1hour 20- 40mins.
    lower back bit tight today,going to do soem foam rolling in work later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Just seen your log thristywork2, sub 75 is a nice target, a 75 for a half would be one of my goals for 2011.
    But but you are making sure and definate progress. What was your best for this distance before this?

Best of luck

My pb is 75.41 but goes back few years ago.Sub 75 is only a small target for me,I won't be running a fast course but main thing is to try and be competitive.
    I will be running a few races just for fun starting the end of April.
    Bray head (imra) achill 5k or 10k,Howth(imra)
    Couple of Duathlons in the phoenix park,Kildare 10k,Donore 5k,Wicklow realy and then trial for European team(imra)uphill only which won't suit me.
    Achill is the half im going to do,enjoyed the atmosphere last year,even though I didnt run well.
    National Half then in September but only if I dont make the team for the Worlds(imra)
    This all seems like a pipe dream right now but with the right focus and avoiding injuries im confident I can achieve some good results.

I have a 16week programme done up and going to get stuck in from Sunday.;)

What Half have you planned and where in your training are you Abhainn???

well took yesterday off running and started new programme today.
    Probably not the best idea to go out on the drink last night but last blow out(no more drink for rest of the year)
    ran steady today starting at about 7.30 pace and gradually got down to 6.45 pace.covered 14miles in a shade outside 7min miles.
    Very happy with weeks training.
    Total running miles was around:48-50

Day off work today so had an extra long sleep:D
    Ran half mile easy and did some stretches.
    Then I ran 6.5miles @ 6.48 pace average.
    half mile cool down and stretches.
    run felt tough but breathing was relaxed and had to work up soem hills in the phoenix park to keep on pace.

total miles:7.5miles

What a savage day out for a run.Never seen so many people walking,running and cycling.
    Started todays run of nice and easy @ 7.45 pace and gradually got my average down to 7.21 pace after 11 miles of running.

Body is tired but thats to be expected,tommorows run looks like fun so looking forward to it.
    Weight is starting to drop and hope to be down below 13stone by the end of the week.
    ps sorry I couldn't get out of bed to meet you Ecoli:D

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Savage day indeed. What have you got planned for tomorrow?

tommorow will be between 55-60 mins of fartlek.unlike previous fartlek this will be run whenever I feel like surging or attacking a hill.
    More like speed play,helps vary the training and geting away from the clock and speed on the garmin.
    Long run Thirsday of 99mins and easy 35-40mins friday.

Cool, enjoy the fartlek. Let's hope this weather lasts. What are you shooting for in Kildare? Might see you there, I'll be doing the marathon.

• Advertisement

I had planned the 10k in Kildare but might be abit close to another race so will see.Got a sports massage earlier,didnt realise how tight my shins and IT band were.
    Kildare looks like a good flat course,did you run it last year?
    I have 7 weeks of base and then 3 weeks of hills before racing.

well this morning was a slog,no other way to describe it.
    ran 15minutes easy and then did 15minutes of fartlek,it varied from 20seconds -2minutes.not many hills on the course,would prefer to do this session in the park and next time I will leave till the evening time.
    Total miles:7

Doing a long run from tymon park at 8.10am tommorow morning if anyone fancies it?

3 weeks of hills - that's tough going. No, I was away for that race last year, but by all accounts it was a great one. Enjoy tomorrow's LSR.

I will be replacing the lsr with hills included thats all ;)

I hour 39minutes this morning.Really enjoyed the run,was tough for forst 45minutes until the body warmed up.was great to have company again on the run.
    Distance covered was 13.13 miles average pace was 7.33 per mile.

30minutes tonight at 7min pace.Got abit of work done on my IT bands earlier and very tender after.
    Was nice to run in the evening for a change.
    tough two days ahead now this week with an out and back run 64mins tmrw and 102minute run Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

your doing good mileage these days thirstywork....keep it up and it will be an enjoyable summer!

my half marathon plans have been sidelined and may not race one for a year but ill see how i fare out in the coming weeks with results of the scan and my progress thereafter.

ill keep an eye on the log though

Good luck with the scan;)

• Advertisement

9am ran 30minutes 4miles easy
    Have a run after work and looking forward to stretching the legs out.
    tommorow is a long run in phoenix park at 7.30mile pace if anyone fancies it,meeting at Popes cross at 10am.

Advertisement