Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Windemere's Fan - Everyman Palace Theatre, Cork

• 20-01-2011 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

I've never been to a "proper" play and I'm thinking of going to the newly opened "Lady Windemere's Fan" by Oscar Wilde in Cork while it's on.

Does anyone here have a view on whether it's a good choice to pop one's theatre cherry?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi Dagda,

Absolutely! It's just wonderful. If this is your first taste of the theatre as such, then you couldn't choose a more beautiful venue in Cork, as the Everyman Palace is a Victorian Theatre - I always feel like I'm in London when I'm at the Everyman, it feels special.

And "Lady Windermere's Fan" is the perfect play, as you can't go wrong with Oscar Wilde - it's very funny, he was so ahead of his time. The set, costumes and characters will uplift your spirits.

I was there last Wednesday, it was a full house and the audience left with smiles on their faces.

Please go see it - as it finishes this Saturday 29th - and let me know how your experience was. Enjoy. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Hi Judes,

Thanks for the reply, I went to the show on the first Friday. It was very good, a small gripe would be the theatre was a bit cold but other than that it was a good night's entertainment.

I'll definately go to another play there or somewhere else. :)

Advertisement