Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with modem/router

• 20-01-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Hope one of you can assist me this is a bit of a long story so apologies

Purchased a Buffalo linkstation and it doesn't seem to be working correctly on the wireless network at home.
    Current Setup is UPC 10MB Internet connection with the modem they supplied attached is a D-Link 524 (99% that particular model)

Anyway was thinking if I bought this Buffalo airstation could I replace the current modem and router with this one box and would it work with the cable connection and provide wireless for two laptops and a printer

Surely the buffalo airstation would recognise and broadcast the linkstation

That's it really if ye need anymore information or i have left something out please ask

Thanks for your help lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You cannot replace the modem supplied by UPC - only UPC can provision them.

The Buffalo Airstation in the link above is a DSL modem & router which won't work with UPC, only DSL via phone lines.

I can't advise on the Linkstation as I've never used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Dont worry Pizzahead you have been a great help saved me from buying the airstation anyway

so will have to find another way to get the linkstation up and running

cheers man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

See the sticky thread at the top of the forum for info on connecting a router to the UPC modem. All questions go in that thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement