Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Size of gloves for Muay Thai training?

• 20-01-2011 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering should I buy 10oz or 14oz gloves for Muay Thai?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

How big are you? (in kilos)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

76kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

16oz for sparring in training.

If your planning to do a few amature fights then you'll be using 16oz again so probably best to train with what you'll be using to get used to them

Open to corrections here tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

16oz are a great start, if your serious you also get 10oz fro hitting pads.

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Peetrik wrote: »

If your planning to do a few amature fights then you'll be using 16oz again so probably best to train with what you'll be using to get used to them

I never knew that amateur fights are 16 oz. learn something new every day

• Advertisement

Peetrik wrote: »

I'd agree with that. I used my 16's for pads when I was fighting amateur. Just meant I wasn't switching when it came time to fight. You don't see that very often mind you.

Like Paddy said...if you've been doing it a while / think you're going to turn pro at some point, then it's time to get some 10 ounce gloves for pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

Khannie wrote: »
    Like Paddy said...if you've been doing it a while / think you're going to turn pro at some point, then it's time to get some 10 ounce gloves for pads.

or 8oz if you under 70kg because as a pro thats what you are required to wear at the lower weight unless you in Thailand where 4 or 6 oz can be the norm.:rolleyes:

He said he's 76. I'm not thick ye know. :p

Advertisement