Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycoolin - Mystery strawberry

Options
  • 20-01-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

In the parking lot where I work in Ballycoolin it smelled of strawberry jam yesterday morning, and passion fruit today. It's a strong fruity smell like when you're cooking jam and the fruits are boiling and the whole house smells.

Where does it come from? Are there any jam or chewing gum or air freshener factories nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from DCN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The porterhouse brewery is in the area, but that does not sound like brewing smell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Mystery solved for you - it's the Jelly Bean factory here in the Blanchardstown Industrial park on the Snugborough Road ;) the one opposite the National Aquatic Centre.

it was more of an orangy smell today, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Misccold

Could be orange :)
    It's nice anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh yum, I'll have to smell better when I drive by now haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Arciphel wrote: »
    Mystery solved for you - it's the Jelly Bean factory here in the Blanchardstown Industrial park on the Snugborough Road ;) the one opposite the National Aquatic Centre.

it was more of an orangy smell today, no?

The smell from that place is AWFUL!! Not fruity at all, more chemically. Had to collect a box there last year and couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Advertisement