Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap International Texts

Options
  • 20-01-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Any network out there offering cheap texts to international numbers?? On O2 Clear (I think) thats €20 a month and has 100 minutes and texts plus free O2 to O2. This is more than adequate for my needs as I rarely get anywhere near either limit. However most of my mates and family are on UK numbers so every time I send a text it costs 25c. I try and use webtext which is fine when you are at home but most of them are when I am out and about. My bill is normally about €40 thanks to these extra texts.

So - are any of the networks offering cheap international texts or calls?? If they had a data plan that included these too, it'd be an added bonus.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Think O2 do 20 international txts a month for €3, apart from that its the 200 web txts a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

op, dont know whether it helps you or not. i always web-txt my friends home (am not form ireland). it costs nothing. free web txts to anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

irish-stew wrote: »
    Think O2 do 20 international txts a month for €3, apart from that its the 200 web txts a month.

That'd be perfect. Any chance you could send me a link to that as I have scoured their website and couldn't find any of those add ons anywhere...

booksale wrote: »
    op, dont know whether it helps you or not. i always web-txt my friends home (am not form ireland). it costs nothing. free web txts to anywhere in the world.

Thanks - I use the webtext option when I am at home and have the laptop powered on but most of them are sent when I am on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That'd be perfect. Any chance you could send me a link to that as I have scoured their website and couldn't find any of those add ons anywhere...

Its a PDF file, txt bundles are on page 5, not sure if you have to sign up to any particular plan.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its a PDF file, txt bundles are on page 5, not sure if you have to sign up to any particular plan.

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement