Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra Lights

• 20-01-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,just located a belly pan for my bike which should be on its way to me now:D It has a couple of fog/driving lights built in. Im looking for suggestions as to the easiest way to hook them up i.e. would it be better to hook them up independantly or,hook them in with the lights? Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Try them off the lights but it they keep overloading the circuit they'll need a relay and power direct from the battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Prob best keep them on a separate circuit so? Lights on Fazer are Always On

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Separate circuit relayed off the bike's headlight would do the job.

So,eventually got round to hooking up the lights on the belly pan.(direct supply from batt,fused,relay,switch,and on the ignition.Lights work fine but heres the problem.Bike is a "Japanese"(being PC here:D) import and the original bulbs were H4R 55/35w.These were changed somewhere along the line with modified H4's 60/55w,so the wattage is upped already and now Ive added 2 more 55w halogens-result;flattens battery.
    Suggestions-over to you guys.
    Cheers in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

So,eventually got round to hooking up the lights on the belly pan.(direct supply from batt,fused,relay,switch,and on the ignition.Lights work fine but heres the problem.Bike is a "Japanese"(being PC here:D) import and the original bulbs were H4R 55/35w.These were changed somewhere along the line with modified H4's 60/55w,so the wattage is upped already and now Ive added 2 more 55w halogens-result;flattens battery.
    Suggestions-over to you guys.
    Cheers in advance

You could change for a higher rated battery and charge after use or get a higher output alternator and fit that, if ones available for the bike.

Have you searched for LED versions of the bulbs to lower the power requirements?

• Advertisement

Havnt but will .Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Sorry, but lights on a belly pan ?? Pics would help me comprehend a bit, but are these not just gonna illuminate the front wheel ?

Pique wrote: »
    Sorry, but lights on a belly pan ?? Pics would help me comprehend a bit, but are these not just gonna illuminate the front wheel ?
    200317_206971235984866_100000159722825_930381_4647051_n.jpgThey actaully throw out a good deal of light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

I could be wrong but I think their main purpose is to throw extra light on the road in front of you so you can see the surface quality better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

That is one clean Fazer !

I'm not sure I'd be gone on those lights, but in any case, they'll help you be seen easier which is probably their biggest advantage.

• Advertisement

That is one clean Fazer !

I'm not sure I'd be gone on those lights, but in any case, they'll help you be seen easier which is probably their biggest advantage.
    I spend as much time cleaning,polishing and tipping up paintwork as i do riding it:DThe lights are very effective both ways i.e. aiding to see and be seen better!216530_216052211743435_100000159722825_1001014_2972349_n.jpg

Advertisement