Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me figure out what mega drive game this is

• 20-01-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

This has been bugging me for years.

When I had my first mega drive, I had a game for it which I cant remember the name of.

It was a side scrolling rpg/adventure game. You would start off in one area, then when you complete whatever quest was for that area, you got an item that would allow you into the next area.

One example I remember was that you needed special boots to advance to the desert area.

I also remember that the final boss was in space (which was strange considering it was a fantasy game)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Wonderboy in monsterworld?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Wonderboy in monsterworld?

Ha. Brilliant. That's it. I had seen that mentioned before but I dismissed it because of the silly name. Cheers.

Now to see if anyone will trade it to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Brilliant little game.

You might also enjoy Landstalker.. wickedly hard adventure/RPG but excellent dialogue and puzzles.

I think Wonderboy 3: Monster Lair is also rather underrated. Most people don't like forced scrolling platformers anymore but it's one of the better examples. Excellent music as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's not underrated in these parts, people here love that game, which explains the howls when I bought the only copy they had in Rage before Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Hmm haven't had much luck with Rage so far, although I seem to end up looking for rare/popular games.

I will make up a thread of all my stuff that I want and am willing to trade and see how I get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement