Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player Question.

• 20-01-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Ive got Sky Player On my Xbox and Multiroom in all the rooms.
    Im going to my bros house and he has a sky package.
    I need ESPN For UFC That Night.
    So if i bring my xbox and sign in to my sky player will i still have ESPN Even though he doesnt have it on his Sky Package??
    Cheers in Advance,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    So if i bring my xbox and sign in to my sky player will i still have ESPN Even though he doesnt have it on his Sky Package??
    Cheers in Advance,

Skyplayer on the Xbox is done by the ID that's signed in, so yes, you'll have it even if you aren't using it at home.
    Not sure if ESPN is one of the live stations? but if you have it now, you'll have it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

mcgovern wrote: »
    Skyplayer on the Xbox is done by the ID that's signed in, so yes, you'll have it even if you aren't using it at home.
    Not sure if ESPN is one of the live stations? but if you have it now, you'll have it there.
    Cheers for the quick reply!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Cheers for the quick reply!:D

Provided your brother is paying for ESPN.

Provided your brother is paying for ESPN.
    Im pretty sure i get it with sky player even if he doesnt have it on his sports package.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Whatever channels you get on your Sky Package you should get on Sky Player, provided they're available.

Also, anyone notice Bravo's been shut down? Off the air after 26 years i believe. Kinda sucks because it was one of the best for random goodness when there was nowt else to watch on the basic package.

I think they've also removed Discovery Channel from the Sky Player, pretty sure it was there also :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Cheers in Advance,

I am open to correction on this but i dont think you even need to bring your xbox, you can recover your gamertag on your brothers xbox and access the sky player through your account, maybe bring your xbox just in case but good to know for the future :)
    qbhod wrote: »
    Whatever channels you get on your Sky Package you should get on Sky Player, provided they're available.

Also, anyone notice Bravo's been shut down? Off the air after 26 years i believe. Kinda sucks because it was one of the best for random goodness when there was nowt else to watch on the basic package.

Yeah i figured bravo was gone when it wasnt on the tv box or sky player, agree it was great for the random good crap stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

This is still free. Though it was stopping 31st dec. Not complaining tho.

I tried signing in on my brothers acc on sky player with my consoles user and pword and you have to register on another xbox if you wanna do the above.so im just gonna bring my xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

greenman09 wrote: »
    This is still free. Though it was stopping 31st dec. Not complaining tho.

You will see it on your bill unless you cancel your subscription for skyplayer

(What I said about the bill is true but if it was extended im not so sure about that if it is.. enjoy!:D)

See here OP for channel details

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/Home/Application_Navigation/Help/What_is_Sky_Playerqmark/Live_TV/content/default/termsPage.do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GAAman wrote: »
    I am open to correction on this but i dont think you even need to bring your xbox, you can recover your gamertag on your brothers xbox and access the sky player through your account, maybe bring your xbox just in case but good to know for the future :)

AFAIK Sky player can only be registered on one xbox and therefore will not work on another.

If someone buys a new xbox then you'd need to go into Sky Player website and go into admin settings and manage devices and delete old xbox!

• Advertisement

You will see it on your bill unless you cancel your subscription for skyplayer

(What I said about the bill is true but if it was extended im not so sure about that if it is.. enjoy!:D)

See here OP for channel details

http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/content/Home/Application_Navigation/Help/What_is_Sky_Playerqmark/Live_TV/content/default/termsPage.do

I had never subscribed to the service. Had it free since the summer.I assumed it wud stop on the 31st dec like they said. I may keep an eye on the bill see if it shows up.

Couldnt wait so i rang sky. Confirmed that skyplayer freebie is extended until june 30th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

murpho999 wrote: »
    AFAIK Sky player can only be registered on one xbox and therefore will not work on another.

If someone buys a new xbox then you'd need to go into Sky Player website and go into admin settings and manage devices and delete old xbox!

Hmm i must try this at home again i am nearly certain it worked with a friends gamertag on my xbox (he recovered it to mine) it would still be one xbox being used just different accounts will be interesting to know actually

Advertisement