Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement for my banjaxed Sennheiser CX300 II?

• 20-01-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm in the market for new headphones for my Sennheiser CX300 II which have served me well. I bought them on mymemory.co.uk for £14.95 about a year and a half ago and they've finally given up (well, one ear has) after a year of very regular (several times daily) use. They're a good bit more expensive on mymemory today so I'm wondering about an alternative.

I've had a gander at Dazey's related post.

I pretty much solely listen to podcasts on my Sansa Clip (love my Sansa Clip!) So, though I need clarity in headphones to make out speech in the podcasts I don't need the same audio sophistication that may be required by music lovers. I do like also that the Sennheiser pretty much blocked out background noise - especially useful for blocking out 'boom boom' music in the gym :)

First question: any recommendations for my new headphones to meet above spec?

Second question: any recommendations for where to buy them (I have had the bad experience of buying what I strongly suspect were fake Sennheiser on line) Are Amazaon.co.uk and their Marketplace sellers reliable (i.e. highly unlikely to be selling fakes)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

TPD wrote: »
    I've been using cx300IIs for the past year or two, and recently the rubber around the plug has started to tear. I've ordered a pair of SoundMagic PL-30s from mp4nation for $22.50, from what I hear they're a superior earphone.

They tick your boxes. I'm going to be recommending these to everyone for a while I think :P

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

Thanks TPD! You must be pleased with them so? (Or you work on commission! :D)

Er, the first one.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

TPD wrote: »
    They tick your boxes. I'm going to be recommending these to everyone for a while I think :P

Have you recieved these yet? Are they as good as the cx300's. Stumbled across this thread looking for a replacement for my300s. Just looking at that website and says they are shipped from Hong Kong. Im always a bit skepticalwhen I see that.

Slunk wrote: »
    Have you recieved these yet? Are they as good as the cx300's. Stumbled across this thread looking for a replacement for my300s. Just looking at that website and says they are shipped from Hong Kong. Im always a bit skepticalwhen I see that.

Yup, and yup. Better than the cx300 by a fair bit. The shipping was about two and a half weeks I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement