Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Tenancy / Rent increase by 15%

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Renting in London and have less than 3 weeks left on my Tenancy Agreement

They have informed me yesterday they want to increase the rent by 15% on the next contract.

Would I have to move out immediately by law in 3 weeks if I didn't want to sign the new Agreement?

Or is there any legislation which could allow me some time to find a new place before moving on.

I would still be happy to pay rent for the additional time I stay at the same rate, just worried about how much time I have to find something decent.

Want to know this before I attempt to negotiate a contract extension or just accept and sign the new terms they give (with the intention to use the break clause, purely to allow me time to find somewhere else)

Basically, in 3 weeks do I have to leave if I don't sign a contract!

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement