Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting number off phone book

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:09pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I had an eircom phone number, and as I built a new house, a new line was set up and a number given to that. but I transferred the old number, and the new number was never used, and that account cancelled. I have just been told that I know have 2 numbers in the phone book and online. There was a lot of issues with regards cancelling the number and setting things up, but in the end of it the new number and contract was cancelled in March.

I have just got off the phone with a customer service person, who (extremeley bluntly) told me I didnt cancel the number but I transferred it to another company. I said no, it was cancelled as I already have a different number, and she just (even more bluntly) told me 'no, you did not. thank you.' and that was that.

now, I sent an email to dip@eircom.ie asking for the number to be deleted off the records. Can an eircom rep here tell me if it will get sorted through there? I have never had a good time on the phone with Eircom support, so I couldnt be bothered about the attitude I got, all I simply want is the number deleted off the records as it is confusing having 2 numbers with the same name and address in the phone book.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

bruschi wrote: »
    I had an eircom phone number, and as I built a new house, a new line was set up and a number given to that. but I transferred the old number, and the new number was never used, and that account cancelled. I have just been told that I know have 2 numbers in the phone book and online. There was a lot of issues with regards cancelling the number and setting things up, but in the end of it the new number and contract was cancelled in March.

I have just got off the phone with a customer service person, who (extremeley bluntly) told me I didnt cancel the number but I transferred it to another company. I said no, it was cancelled as I already have a different number, and she just (even more bluntly) told me 'no, you did not. thank you.' and that was that.

now, I sent an email to dip@eircom.ie asking for the number to be deleted off the records. Can an eircom rep here tell me if it will get sorted through there? I have never had a good time on the phone with Eircom support, so I couldnt be bothered about the attitude I got, all I simply want is the number deleted off the records as it is confusing having 2 numbers with the same name and address in the phone book.

Thank You for your post, can you please PM the moderators with your eircom details, account number and phone number and we can look into this for you

Eleanor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Thank You for your post, can you please PM the moderators with your eircom details, account number and phone number and we can look into this for you

Eleanor

I'll send on the phone number, I wouldnt have the account details as I cancelled it last March and never used the number. I'm sure its somewhere but dont know where.

Thanks.

I'll send on the phone number, I wouldnt have the account details as I cancelled it last March and never used the number. I'm sure its somewhere but dont know where.

Thanks.

Hello,
    I received your PM and am looking into your request now
    I'll be back to you shortly
    Eleanor

Thanks.
    My colleague has now deleted 051 397625 from The National Directory Data.
    Directory Enquiry Service Providers & Truvo who Publish The Phone Book & update

The online Directory extract from this Data Base.
    It will be removed from Eircom Directory Enquiries 11811 in 2 Working Days.
    It may take Truvo 10 working days to update The Online Directory.

Eleanor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

My colleague has now deleted from The National Directory Data.

Directory Enquiry Service Providers & Truvo who Publish The Phone Book & update

The online Directory extract from this Data Base.

It will be removed from Eircom Directory Enquiries 11811 in 2 Working Days.

It may take Truvo 10 working days to update The Online Directory.

Eleanor

thanks for that Eleanor.

was going to ask why I had got resistance yesterday, but just glad its sorted and will forget about it.

• Advertisement

thanks for that Eleanor.

was going to ask why I had got resistance yesterday, but just glad its sorted and will forget about it.

Glad to be of help,any other queries post to me here on Boards

Eleanor

Advertisement