Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayaking Club

• 20-01-2011 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Im from the Norhtside of Dublin and i am interested in joining a Kayaking club but not sure of any. Does anyone know of a good club. Also iv noticed theres different levels. If you have a good fitness levels is it possible to skip onto intermediate or does it only look at kayaking experience which i also have some from the adventure races that i have competed at in 2010
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Try wild water kayak club on the strawberry beds. WWW.wwkc.net. it's a good club and caters for all levels.

Fitness obviously helps, but kayaking is much more about technique, so I'd recommend doing a beginners course anyway. Wwkc will have beginners courses starting from may, the exact dates and details will be put on the site over the coming weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tracks

I am with WWKC and ICU i started with ICU there are good for the summer courses and away trips eg alps Bourge st Maurice. And WWKC are great for mid season kayaking and are quiet technical so both are good. :D:cool:

Advertisement