Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Delay on Setanta HD

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just got UPC+HD last week, and last night had a "showcase" event to justify the €5/month for HD to the family (the Arsenal v Leeds match). It turned out that the sound was around 5 seconds ahead of the picture for the whole match which meant that the match couldn't be followed - latency is very important in football, you don't want to hear GOAL while they are still passing around at the edge of the area!

Is this a common thing for Setanta HD, or could it be a the UPC box? Setanta seems to have big issues with HD, but I can recall getting sound delay after pausing on the standard UPC+ box.

Fortunately the match was shown on Setanta SD and UTV with no latency and was still watchable (but not in HD); and even better, ITV had the same match on FreeSat HD with perfect picture and sound - thankfully I kept the dish!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hi All,

Just got UPC+HD last week, and last night had a "showcase" event to justify the €5/month for HD to the family (the Arsenal v Leeds match). It turned out that the sound was around 5 seconds ahead of the picture for the whole match which meant that the match couldn't be followed - latency is very important in football, you don't want to hear GOAL while they are still passing around at the edge of the area!

Is this a common thing for Setanta HD, or could it be a the UPC box? Setanta seems to have big issues with HD, but I can recall getting sound delay after pausing on the standard UPC+ box.

Fortunately the match was shown on Setanta SD and UTV with no latency and was still watchable (but not in HD); and even better, ITV had the same match on FreeSat HD with perfect picture and sound - thankfully I kept the dish!
    Noticed the same thing, however I noticed it on standard def. Setanta as well! The match was unwatchable like that, but it's unusual for that to happen. I put it down to the sound man falling asleep or something :p

Advertisement