Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling Alone

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SlamDunk

niva*sis wrote: »
    can you give us a update on how your getting on???
    im heading to perth on my own in oct. im in canada at the moment for 6 months then home for a month and then off i go to oz..
    so have u settled in was it easy to meet people??

I'm heading to Perth in 2 weeks - very exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drslinky

Hello!!!

I'm heading to oz by myself for the year at the end of August. I'm going to adelaide for a month first and then I have no idea what I'm going to do or where i'm going to go. I'm SOOO excited though. So does anyone have any suggestions?? a lot of people seem to want to go to perth - is there any particular reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Hey guys, sorry i havent repiled yet!its been a crazy few weeks!:) arrived in Perth 5 weeks ago and it is an amazing city!im crashing at my friends house at the moment. The minute i arrived i started looking for work staright away as i had been advised that it does take a while for people to get back to you and it really did!(people at home think you step of the plane and get a job staright away, i was one of these people till i got here :D) it too me 3 weeks to find a job and i job hunted every day since i arrived. it may be because i was looking for work in Social Care and had to do alot of follow on course before i could start work!im starting next week after doing 3 courses!!I have a few bits of advice to people travelling here. I am so lucky i had a friends house to stay at when i arrived it is so expensive out here i mean everything is expensive clothes, taxis and food so bring as much money as you can you will need it!Also the weather is pretty crap at the moment a lot of rain and it can get really cold at night(i made the mistake of thinking winter in Oz cant be that bad, i didnt even bring a flipping coat with me!) so stock up on loads of warm clothes before you come!Also ladies, the black tights are **** qualilty and dear so go to pennys back home haha!!it is such a great place though i am loving it im not even as homesick as i thought i would be!ive made a few friends already and am looking forward to starting work. The nightlife is amazing, everyone is so so friendly!(they are pretty strict about being drunk and serving drink to drunk people) but its still really good fun!Loving the way of life over here so much more relaxed than Ireland!:)Any questions feel free to ask!:):)

Advertisement