Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Takeaway on Mary Street - "Pizza Shack"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Just had garlic chips and a veggie burger from there. Serious amount of chips alright :-o The 'small' portion was a full snack box of chips. Pat McDonagh would have a seizure if he saw it. The garlic was lovely and thick but they could have put a bit more on. Nuttin special about the veg burger once we established I didnt want bacon on it (she misheard my order) but it was grand and filling. Ive enough chips left over for a buttie tomorrow so value for money. Everything cooked from scratch as well.
    Strangest thing about the whole thing was while I was waiting outside having a smoke the 'character' who goes around waving his arms and speaking in tongues came over and asked me for a cigarette in perfect english. I was so taken aback I gave it to him lol.

Second day old chip buttie...not for the faint hearted! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Must give it a go.
    Finally got off my arse and went to Norio's tonight rather than getting it delivered. Still think their 5 euro meals are hard beat.

Anyone get a kebab yet? Want to know what size they are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

the 'character' who goes around waving his arms and speaking in tongues came over and asked me for a cigarette in perfect english. I was so taken aback I gave it to him lol.

Thanks again for that.

Must check this place out this evening, will report back with my findings.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Ive enough chips left over for a buttie tomorrow so value for money.
    I always eat the chips first, and microwave half burger/kebab the next day (though possibly not for breakfast).
    You can microwave everything except chips it would seem!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I always eat the chips first, and microwave half burger/kebab the next day (though possibly not for breakfast).
    You can microwave everything except chips it would seem!

This is true. The grill is the saviour of second hand chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Have been in here three times for their 'Shack Burger' now its pricy @ €5.20 but damn is it yummy. Basically a really nice 1/2 pounder with jalapenos :D

My first two experiences werent great from a servive point of view though. First time the owner thought it was more important to fill up his minerals in the fridge than serving me and took about 10mins to serve me.
    Second time I had to wait for the server to finish a full john player blue before he came in to serve me, I prob sound like a pain but when it takes 5mins to get served and then another 8-10mins to cook :/

That would annoy me too Shanley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Gave the shack burger a go last night, that is one tasty motherfcuker of a burger!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WindyMyth

Tried it as well last evening, not too shabby! I had a burger and an order of chips - order of chips was as big or bigger than it is everywhere else in town, and I saw a couple eating what looked like maybe taco chips? HUGE order.

I wasn't knocked out of my shoes, but for a girl who hasn't had beef in almost four months, it was pretty okay! I'd probably eat there again. Girl behind the counter was super nice, too (just a little too heavy on the salt on my chips ;))!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GiddyBlonde

tried pizza shack out last nite, got one of the deals on justeat...pizza was lovely and chips were big chunky ones, wasnt too bad on my pocket will deffo go back :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

just got a text message there from Whats for Dinner? there now doing pizza shack and they have 2 12inch pizza, 2 chips, 2 dips and 2 drinks delivered for €25 seems like a fairly decent offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I see they sell wine now along with lots of new drinks, milkshakes and smoothies on the just eat menu now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Had a milkshake today, a little expensive but worth the taste. Was expecting something like the dodgy ones in supermacs, but there proper milkshakes, Delish

did u try the chocolate bar milkshake?? i had one with a Moro bar in it...yum yum... think i'll have to go get another right now... u just gave me the taste for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

GiddyBlonde you should know that reviews of new businesses from users with only two posts, both pushing for the business, don't carry a lot of weight around here. ;)

foto joe...
    1) new to this
    2) replying to a thread
    3) give me a chance to see how this whole boards thing works
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

only veggie burger i've ever liked out of a chipper...delighted :) the pricing is really weird they're either way dearer or way cheaper depending on what it is! bag of chips was the size of my head though omnomnom! curry was a bit appley for me but i'm weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 WindyMyth

Just ordered a pizza from here. As a native Chicagoan, I know pizza. I'm really really tough on pizza. I have ridiculously high standards.

All I can say is Wow. Wow wow wow. I think I got too many toppings, because they piled them on so heavily that the pizza was hard to eat! :D Delicious. Just delicious. Considering the portion size, I'd say this place is very easy on the wallet, as well.

Very very pleased. Best pizza I've had in Ireland.

(And once again, the employees were very nice!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

We popped in for a slice the other night, and thought the pizza was pretty good, I'd get it again. The staff stood out as being very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Had one of there cajun chicken wraps and it was damn tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KarolaKK

where is better kebab (chicken kebab)? in pizza shack or Kapital Kebab?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Capital do a lovely Chicken Shish with homemade pitta. Havent tried Pizza Shack's kebabs but their pizzas are pretty good, chips are hit and miss in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KarolaKK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

CAPITAL by miles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Went in here the last time I wass down for a pizza slice. Have to say, it was a lovely slice. The staff there was extremly hlepful and nice, and tried to promote the business, offering me some vouchers and the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Columc wrote: »
    Went in here the last time I wass down for a pizza slice. Have to say, it was a lovely slice. The staff there was extremly hlepful and nice, and tried to promote the business, offering me some vouchers and the menu.
    Yeah i found the staff in Pizza Shack very good too, as are the guys in Kapital in fairness too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I love this place.

Was having a few people over for a birthday a few weeks ago. Rang them up and asked them for a deal and they gave me a pretty sweet one.

• Advertisement

Yeah i found the staff in Pizza Shack very good too, as are the guys in Kapital in fairness too.

I must say the staff are great craic, always give me a good deal, i go in drunk and say what can you do for me for a fiver:D usually get 3 pieces of chicken chips and a small hamburger for that.

Advertisement