Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing with Magnet Broadband: Customer review.

• 20-01-2011 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've lived at 2 addresses over the last year and have had magnets 24meg uncontended broadband at both places. Without going into too much detail my current address is about a 10 minute walk from my old address. While this may not even be enough of a distance to make a fat person break a sweat it seems to be enough for a broadband service to turn polar opposite.

In my old apartment I was delighted with the service from Magnet. Having previously been with NTL I was happy when Magnets service easily matched and even out performed my much beloved cable. I had no qualms when moving to request my Magnet account be transferred with me.

Since moving into a new appartment, build within the last 4 years the service has been inconsistent and terrible. We have the same uncontended line as previously but for some reason the speed drops from 14Mb(remember I was sold 24) which magnet have now told me the max speed of my line is to about 1Mb if I'm lucky. This issue only happens during peek hours which basically shows magnets is selling uncontended broadband when it is really not.

I've been asking for a call back from a Customer care team to no avail. I've already spent about 50 euro on credit between holding and long support calls and I'm not putting another penny into resolving this issue for them.

The customer support team are okay but completley uneducated and offer the same stock phrases that will be instantly recognisable to anyone who's had the misfortune to work in a call centre.

I'm posting magnets response telling me my problem is fixed and attaching my responce back to them.

I hope from these 2 emails you'll be able to make a better decision when choosing broadband providers and give you a laugh at the same time.

magnetsolution.png

And my reply:
    cancellationreply.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Imhotepsol

Also they never called me back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Imhotepsol

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

There's about a half dozen more leading up to that one. I basically spammed them on the hour every hour with speed test results from their server showing the exact opposite speed they were telling me I was getting. The whole problem is the line isn't "uncontended" as they said, instead I'm being crippled because every other user in the local area is sucking bandwidth from the same exchange.

Magnet never told me this fact and have still not admitted it although it is apparent. If you can tell me a technical issue that only causes bandwitdth issues during peak times I'd be happy to consider it.

I'm more annoyed about the fact they didn't even bother to call me back. I guess we'll see how they like it when I cancel the DD and they don't get their money this month.

I'm sick of getting **** service. I pay 54.99 a month for the best package they can offer me and I'm not getting the service to match. I'll go back to UPC and get 30Mb for 35 a month and just wash my hands of this whole fiasco.

Advertisement