Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aura leisure link up price of classes after they start

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Dont know if they can do this. Basically I started a pilates class last week. When i phoned i was told the price was 60 euro for 6 week class. Or i could pay 10 euro a week as i go. Last night was the second night and when i went to pay they tried to charge me 12.50. I explained this was incorrect but the girl said no it was 12.50. she said i could go in for 10 euro last night but every week then i would have to pay 12.50 i asked for the manager so the manager came out and explained there must have been a mistake the correct price for pay as you go was 12.50. I said too bad i was quoted a price and i had committed myself. i also had to pay a babysitter to go so i now missed the class and i was out of pocket, i'm furious as if id had the correct info from the start i could ve made an informed decision on whether to pay the 60 up front or pay 12.50 every week. Can they do this? feels like a total rip off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like human error, the person on the phone gave you the price but they were wrong. They didn't give you this price in writing so its your word against theirs.

But you say it was the second night they tried to charge you 12.50.

If they charged you 10euro for 1 class without problem then it would be a case of them accepting the deal you both made.

You could write a letter demanding that they charge you 10euro per class based on the fact that, that is what they charged you the 1st night. Even so they can increase the price for pay as you go customers at any time as long as you are notified before the class begins

• Registered Users Posts: 7 barenakedlady

thanks wmpdd3. yes it was def human error. the first night she said it was 12 euro and i told her i had been quoted 10 over the phone. The girl beside her (seemed to be slightly more senior) said to her no that was wrong it is actually 10 euro. the general manager was to call me today as they weren't authorised to make a call on it but needless to say i didnt hear anything. Just feel more disappointed than angry at this stage. Think im just tired of being ripped off like the rest of the country! Ironic really -wanted to start pilates to relieve stress and it ended up being a stressful exercise lol. thanks again for the info

Advertisement