Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound from samsung s8300

Options
  • 20-01-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi my phone was working fine yesterday today, when o got a message, the was no message tone, when i got a phone call there was no dialling tone, just vibration and i could not hear any voice, just silence. I think i might have dropped it last night but just from a height of about 2 feet onto carpet and it seemed fine. Any idea what could be wrong and if there's any way to fix it? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Bring it back to the shop you bought it from and they will send it away for repair, it should be free of charge once its under 24 months old. It wont be free if you caused the damage by dropping it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Thanks, I'll call in tomorrow. Just wondering whether it will be possible to fix or would i be better off just getting a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

phi3 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll call in tomorrow. Just wondering whether it will be possible to fix or would i be better off just getting a new phone.

Yes its possible to fix, the biggest part would be the labour, the parts wont cost anything. You have nothing to lose if its less then 24 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Well I brought it back to carphone warehouse where i got it. They said they don't fix phones? But they gave me a flyer for another shop in town that would fix it for me but it will cost €35. They'll do it today though. Still I thought carphone warehouse had a repair policy. Oh well hopefully i'll have it back in working order at 12.30

Advertisement