Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iQon 1031 PC. USB-lan not working.. $%&ing iQon!

• 20-01-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I need to get this piece of crap working asap.. usb and lan are down (funnily enough they were working before) not surprisingly can't get the drivers from iQon seeing as how they're out of action. Any body know where I can get the drivers for this pc? I'm left to transfer files via dvd at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

If they were working before and aren't working now I doubt that it's the drivers for the machine that are the problem. You shouldn't even need drivers for USB.

However, can you tell us the make and model of your iQon PC as well as what OS you're running then we can try and help you look for drivers. :)

In the meantime can you tell us exactly how your USB and LAN connections are not working? Do you get any error messages or anything? Does anything show up in Network Connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

hi, well it's an iQon 1031. That runs on Vista. The USB ports seem to have power running to them as I get a light on my card reader but no interface action. I don't think the USB ports are showing up in device manager either (can't seem to find them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I assume that you've tried your USB cardreader in a different computer and it works perfectly...? :)

Yes they work perfectly as do my port hard drives. Neither them nor any pen drive are recognized by the comp. Likewise the Lan connection is non-operational. I recall a while back looking for the drivers for the motherboard, don't think that worked either. Am totally nonplussed unless it's a hardware malfunction but the devices seem to receiving power (lights come on etc) when connected to usb port.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

well unless you've changed the drivers or installed any unusual software the drivers shouldn't be a problem, more likely a hardware failure.

can you post a screenshot of the device manager? if it's a drivers issue the hardware should still show up as yellow warning icons...

• Advertisement

Well i found out that the motherboard is made by MSI the model is 945GM3-F. After checking out device manager, network adapters has disappeared. My ethernet doesn't work either as well as the USB ports. How can i troubleshoot any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

mrpeech wrote: »
    Well i found out that the motherboard is made by MSI the model is 945GM3-F. After checking out device manager, network adapters has disappeared. My ethernet doesn't work either as well as the USB ports. How can i troubleshoot any ideas?
    boot in to safe mode (restart pc and press f8 after POST) the select safe mode with networking. this should load generic drivers for usb and lan, so if there's still nothing doing i'm banking on a hardware problem.

Advertisement