Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom Broadband

• 20-01-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

I have to cancel my eircom broadband and homephone because I've had to move house due to having no heating since the 20th of December 2010.

I'm 5 months into a 12 month contract. Eircom cannot carry over the same contract to my new place.

Will/am i liable for the last 7 months of my contract. Im very happy with eircom but i cannot get the same offer in my new place.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

whycliff wrote: »
    I have to cancel my eircom broadband and homephone because I've had to move house due to having no heating since the 20th of December 2010.

I'm 5 months into a 12 month contract. Eircom cannot carry over the same contract to my new place.

Will/am i liable for the last 7 months of my contract. Im very happy with eircom but i cannot get the same offer in my new place.

No matter what people may say on here the only ones who can tell you that are Eircom. Why can you not get the same deal in your new place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

They say the deal I'm on is only to the address i'm currently on and that they cant give me the new offer at my new address.

Im moving about 5kms.

The laughable part about the whole thing is that the best deal they say they can do me is €47 a month for 1MB broadband, the offers they are running online are less than 1/2 this price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

€47 for 1mb bband? what a rip off

UPC do 30mb for €42 a month

eircom is a rubbish service too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Having spoken to them on the phone earlier, they said they cant cancel my service until I pay €165 which is to buy out the remainder of my Contract. They are arguing that they can transfer the service over to my new place, but can't offer the same terms on the new contract so therefore I have to buy out my original contract.

Thing is I have had to move out of the house because I have had no heating since the 19th December and pipes in the kitchen bursted, resulting in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom being flooded.

It surely not my fault that the house is not fit ot be lived in? Can someone offer any sound advice as to how to go about this?

They really dont care how long you've been a customer or how much money you have given them over the years. I wish to stay with eircom and carry over the service but the are making it impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

Stop paying them and move house but don't tell them your new address. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Get your landlord to foot the bill.

Advertisement