Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half thinking of not going

Options
  • 20-01-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have an interview tomorrow for a job that was set up via an agent yesterday. This will be my 3rd interview this week (I also have another interview next week as well) but by looking at the job spec I dont have any of the skills they are looking for and going by past experiences the smaller the company the more grilling the interview. If I had seen the job myself I would not have applied but she didnt give me much detail it was only when she showed my CV to them that she gave me the job spec.

Anyway I am half thinking of cancelling due to the fact I lacking pretty much everything they are looking for and dont want to waste my time going down there just go get grilled on stuff I dont know anything about.

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI - think you'll get better advice here, OP.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭tinnuvial

The company have seen your CV and still want to interview you so they must see something they think is appropriate. If they thought you had nothing to offer they wouldn't be bringing you in for interview. Go to the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you want a chance to work for the company or not? Sometimes job-specs can be way different to what's actually being interviewed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why not go for the interview practice..nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Did you go OP?

Advertisement