Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG DVD recorder and Sky Digibox.

• 20-01-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to bring this up again but I'm struggling to get the LG DRT389H DVD recorder to record FTA Channels on the Sky SD Digibox. I've connected them with Scart cables and the only success I've had is recording BBC2 analogue. How exactly can it be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Sounds like you're recording from the RF aerial input, my guess is to select AV1, AV2, Line1, LIne2 etc. to select the Sky scart input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I didn't use the RF input/output. Would the Autoview function on the Sky remote help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

After switching over to the scart channel on your tv, press the AV button (top left) on your dvd recorder remote.

Keep pressing it, until you see the signal from your sky box.
    Then just press record.

norbert64 wrote: »
    After switching over to the scart channel on your tv, press the AV button (top left) on your dvd recorder remote.

Keep pressing it, until you see the signal from your sky box.
    Then just press record.
    How do you create a scart channel on the TV? (My apologies if this seems to be a stupid question.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

endakenny wrote: »
    How do you create a scart channel on the TV? (My apologies if this seems to be a stupid question.)

You can't. Selection of required AV input (DVD, Sky, etc) is normally done by pressing the video source/AV input button on the R/C.

Switching on the DVD, Sky box etc. will also auto-select the correct scart input on the TV via pin 8 of the scart plug.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't mean to be rude, but why don't you just upgrade to a Sky+ box and save you all the hassle of having DVD recordings?

Once you use a PVR there is no going back IMHO!

Because you have to pay a subscription for Sky+ even if you're not receiving the subscription channels. Furthermore, on a DVD recorder you can keep a programme you record for as long as you like and watch it on a DVD player anywhere, like with a video cassette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, when I *did* have a Sky sub I used a DVD recorder via Scart for Irish and Subscription channels and PCI DVB-S card in PC for FTA channels.

Now I have 2 x DVB-S2 sat cards and USB Dual DTT tuner stick (for irish TV) in PC. In unlikely event that I renewed Sky Sub and got a Sky HD box for PVR, I'd still want to "save" any "sky PVR" recording or record live via Analogue on the DVD recorder.

If I'm editing Camcorder I use DV to PC and edit then author. If I just want a quick copy I can use DV in on DVD recorder to digitally capture Camcorder and make a DVD for family or Friends. So a standalone analogue (SCART + S-Video + composite in) and DV in DVD recorder is still useful. I don't have the analogue tuner connected anymore to aerial though. That's pointless.

Advertisement