Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Service to Castletroy

Options
  • 20-01-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

OK, so not a student anymore, but I still occasionaly come in and out to Castletroy. Came out today, visited my people, did my work and got ready to come back again.

Went to the bus stop and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And waited.

55 minutes after the 4pm bus was due to arrive and 60 odd minutes into the waiting for the bus, one finally arrived.

Now I'm used to shoddy bus services in Limerick, especially in Castletroy (it's one of the main reasons behind my move cityward), but this is ridiculous!

Is there some reason why the extortionate bus eireann feel the need to throw the Castletroy timetable out the window, while the Raheen service runs almost every ten minutes like clockwork?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Having been out to UL over the holidays they seem to only run 2 out of 4 buses an hour over the holidays. Its a disgrace. And those 2 buses showing once is a regular occurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

I find the same with the bus services expecially during student 'off-peak' times - holidays and the like. I've put the question to bus eireann a couple of times and the answer is always something like a driver rang in sick and they couldn't get a cover or a bus broke down.... the usual excuses really! Lately I'll just walk it! Curragh Birin to Arthurs Quay is only a 40 minute walk from Castletroy - easily the same time as waiting at the bus stop and getting in there on the bus.

It's the same as Dublin Bus really, timetables mean nothing most of the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Yeah, you're much better walking it tbh, I've often walked into and out from the bus station. It's always mildly embarrassing when erasmus students ask do you know the timetable for the bus and you have to tell them there isn't one, when it comes it comes and often two or even three in close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

nothing give me more satisfaction then waiting an hour for a bus and for some reason 2 or 3 turn up at once, always was a joke, always will be a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daithi_lacha

saw that myself this evening - a 308, a 308A and that infrequent bus to Raheen all in a big line :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement