Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALLOWED can student of itf taekwondo would allowed enter musical forms tourament

• 20-01-2011 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

would ITF taekwondo instructor would allow one of there own students entered
    free style musical form competition.with out be throwing out of taekwondo from there original instructor

even though its students own free style uniform and own form they made themselves to music with no interference with the ITF Tae kwon do style or uniform ,instructor.

would that student not be allowed to presue musical forms or known as free style :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Best to just ask said instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If any instructor has a problem with this then they are a clown and should be kicked up the ass with a straight up soccer kick involving no technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

brings me back to my awesome musical forms days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

... or a Muay Thai kick... it would hurt more (mischievous cackle) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Dermighty wrote: »
    If any instructor has a problem with this then they are a clown and should be kicked up the ass with a straight up soccer kick involving no technique.

My favourite post of all time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Well in fairness, health and fitness is a lifestyle, martial arts are a hobby (unless you make your money from it that is). I fail to see why someone involved with your hobby should have control over your life.

Highlights some of the controlling aspects of some loons out there teaching martial arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

yes they would have problem with or is that no they don,t have problem with it

Depends on the instructor Louise. I'm an ITF instructor and one of my guys wanted to do it, it wouldn't bother me as long as the song wasn't sh1te ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

ladylouise wrote: »
    yes they would have problem with or is that no they don,t have problem with it

imagine for a moment they have a problem with someone doing a dance/musical form to an 80s techno tune...seriously do you wanna be around a person like that???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I've always wanted to do a musical form in the style of Bez from the Happy Mondays.

Advertisement