Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'I' Grade did not go through????

Options
  • 20-01-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was unable to sit my christmas exmas and I applied for an I-Grade, I had my doctors cert from my doc then went to the college doctor and applied for my I-Grade, I physically couldnt go in to do any of my exams..
    My results have F beside them and apparently they should say I if my thing went through...

Does anyone know why it did not go through?? Or what I can do about this, as I am not capped at a c3 for repeats in Aug and will have to pay for the lot and now m qca might not be above 2 ??

Can anyone help pleasE??

Thanks a mill..xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 whoopssinead

U get a letter after applying to say you have qualified. I would say email all you lecturers to let them knowthe situation, and saa. then ring the docter that put through the application to see did he get the letter. You should hav got Is instead of your grades btw.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

Thanks for the reply, ya i was informed i should of gotten an I not F.. I never received any letter saying I qualified, After exams i met the coll doc and filled out the igrade form etc...
    is there any way this can be changed?? or am i basically f**ked now??

Bring that letter to saa, and offer to show to your lecturers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

what letter would this be? I never received any letter? :confused:

sorry misread ur last reply
    U normally recieve a letter saying you qualify
    They might have changed it but ask saa to bee safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

imfreein09 wrote: »
    After exams i met the coll doc and filled out the igrade form etc...
    is there any way this can be changed?? or am i basically f**ked now??

Could this be the problem? Are you supposed to see the college doc before the exams?

I'm not sure but there's a feck-up there somewhere, first off, stay calm, get onto saa and the edu officer.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Call into Aoife Finnerty [the Education Officer] in the SU and speak to her asap!
    She will be able to direct you best!

I hope you get it sorted though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 hungrystudent

Hey guys,

I was unable to sit my christmas exmas and I applied for an I-Grade, I had my doctors cert from my doc then went to the college doctor and applied for my I-Grade, I physically couldnt go in to do any of my exams..
    My results have F beside them and apparently they should say I if my thing went through...

Does anyone know why it did not go through?? Or what I can do about this, as I am not capped at a c3 for repeats in Aug and will have to pay for the lot and now m qca might not be above 2 ??

Can anyone help pleasE??

Thanks a mill..xx
    Dont worry, if the doc was prepared to give you the I grade in the first place thats all that matters.The rest is just an admin cock-up and you have months to sort it out.Not that it will be any real hassle, enjoy spring semester and hope you have better time with next exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 NewShoes

Hey guys,

Can anyone help pleasE??

Thanks a mill..xx

Go into the SU and speak to the Education Officer (Aoife Finnerty) she will know what to do or at least who to speak too!

Advertisement