Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee discount

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Posted this on "After Hours" forum but was hoping for a few more replies so thought Id try here:

"Would really appreciate any response to this. Years ago I worked for a large retail chain part time. There was an employee discount though it was never strictly monitored. At one stage we were all given two cards one for us and another. These quickly expired and new joiners never received any so never v strict. Basically I used my discount to buy stuff for my friends which at the time although it may sound daft now I didn't think was wrong. I didn't make a profit on it or anything like that. We were given an employee manual at some stage but I never read it and dont have it, I can only assume it made clear that the discount was for personal use.

I had reason to think back to on this recently when someone offered me their discount. Now I think it's very wrong though first time I really thought it through. I feel very guilty and want to send them money but my question is if I do it anon is it too cowardly as there is always the chance they could press charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi, I see you've also posted this in the personal issues forum - please don't post the same thread across multiple forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement