Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hairdresser in Sligo town for Vivid colour?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Just wondering where people would suggest to go (hairdresser) for high colour? Good experiences anyone? want to dye my hair BRIGHT red (like poppy red) went to a place in town before and while the colour was really nice is wasnt nearly as vivid as i had wanted it. just want to do something mad with my hair before i revert to black :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I know it's not town but El Pelo in Collooney do really good vivd colours, my friends and I have gotten a good few colours done ther, couldn't fault them. The girls are young and funky, they'll know exactly what you want.
    If you drive it's as handy to go to Collooney- free parking and plenty of it. If you don't drive then maybe not..

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

My friend wanted to do the EXACT same thing with her hair.
    She went to the Colour Bar on Castle Street opposite and down a bit from Kate's Kitchen I think, and yeah they said she couldn't get a MAD red simply because she dyed it quite a deep red only a month or less before hand but that makes loads of sense. If you already have hair dye in your hair it's going to be harder to make the new colour pop.. I'm no expert so if I'm wrong do let me know..

Anyway, she got a very very lovely red but in and it was AWESOME. I thought it was WAY bright and perfect but she wanted like fire engine red.

It looked gorgeous though. Got it done in early October and it's still legit. Still bright as the sun and the only thing that takes the brightness off is the fact her hair has grown a bit since she got it done.

Also they do student discount and I know it didn't cost my friend more than 70-80 euro's..

I went to Kaos a few years ago and got red and black in. I wanted black hair with large red panels and I wanted it permanent. I had no hair dye in and reasonably light brown hair..

I asked for permanent and instead I got semi.. I mean, it looked nice but it washed out within 2 weeks and it set me back just over 100 euro. It was the head hairdresser as well.. The guy who owns the place. Thought it was a total joke. I went back in asking why it was coming out and they told me "they didn't want it to be too harsh incase I didn't like it so put in the semi permanent" as if I bloody well ASKED them to think for me. They also wouldn't help me when I asked them where I could get the red hair dye to do the panels myself, just told me to come back and they'd do it.

I was in once after that to get a cut and I ended up paying nearly 40 euro for a trim.. Haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I bet this is Grace.. What a SAP am I?! :P :P

It looks lovely as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Lornen wrote: »
    I bet this is Grace.. What a SAP am I?! :P :P

It looks lovely as it is!

YES it is..lol!!! I figured i see if anyone knew anywhere good!!.....and i know it was a nice colour but ive always wanted to dye it CRAZY red just once for the craic...before i prob go back to black hair!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I bring my own dye as no salons have the colour I want (which is usually bright pink) PM me if you want the address for where I get my dye. I usually get it done in Peter Mark and I always get my hair bleached first before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I bring my own dye as no salons have the colour I want (which is usually bright pink) PM me if you want the address for where I get my dye. I usually get it done in Peter Mark and I always get my hair bleached first before.

thanks was hoping not to have to bleach it, it really wrecks my hair..it starts falling out... alot!! 0.0 I talked to a hairdresser and she said it can be done without bleaching it (her hair was lumo red at the time)!!fingers crossed i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

What's a a good hairdresser in general in Sligo? I need to get my fringe cut really badly.

Seriously, I can't recommend El Pelo enough, I come back from Limerick to get mine done there, they are THAT good (of course I come back to see my family too, a six hour round drive for a haircut is a bit excessive even in my book haha). Most of my friends go there too.
    My sister went to that Colour Bar place before Christmas and got a full fringe cut in, it looks great, she reckons it's a good spot.

It's years since I got my hair done in town, used to go to Rossano's back in the day and they were great. No idea what they're like now though.

Ok where is the colour bar and rossano?

Janine87 wrote: »
    Ok where is the colour bar and rossano?

Colour Bar is on Castle Street, as mentioned above. I think Rossano's have moved.

Google is your friend.

• Advertisement

Alright I think I know which one you are on about. Its new.
    I will look for the other on. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Rossano's have moved to Wine Street a few months ago.
    Its on the right side of the road just a few doors away from Quayside if you walk towards the Busstation/Relief Road Direction

Alright only seen the expensive hairdresser there.
    I thoughts it's in highstreet. Will go into town after work today and see. Can't bare this long fringe anymore. Lol

I wonder does rossano take appointments or can u just walk in as well?
    Does anyone have the number for them so I can organise an appointment? The only thing I can find is the number when they were still in high street.

Went to rossanos today. I have to say worst haircut ever!!! This is so not like I want it to be!!! Thought u might give Irish hairdressers a chance and see what they can do but as far as I can see they can do anything. I could even cut this the way it is now. I definitely stick to my hairdresser in Germany every 6 months now!

Advertisement