Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor billpay, signing up online?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm currently a Meteor PAYG customer and want to buy a bill pay phone online so i can get the 40e/month plan for 30e online discount it says on the website that PAYG customers must buy instore. Basically could i just get a free sim from another network and sign up online using that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

But then you would have a different number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

bkelly86 wrote: »
    I'm currently a Meteor PAYG customer and want to buy a bill pay phone online so i can get the 40e/month plan for 30e online discount it says on the website that PAYG customers must buy instore. Basically could i just get a free sim from another network and sign up online using that?

Call Meteor Sales using the number on their site. Explain that if you have to switch networks to avail of the offer you won't be coming back. They'll probably put you on to retentions who could offer you the same rate. If they don't then your only option is to leave the Meteor network and come back so go to the Carphone Warehouse, swap number to O2 - costs €10 with €10 credit which will tide you over for the few days. The number will be swapped in 2 hours or so, then you're on O2 so use your credit. After 24 hours, apply online for the new plan as a "Move to Meteor" customer.

Be warned, when you swap to O2 you will lose any credit left on your PAYG Meteor account and the same when you leave O2 and go to Meteor. If you swap to Meteor Bill in the shop you won't lose credit left but you won't get the online deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

...but you won't get the online deal.
    I've seen anecdotal reports here on boards that SOME shops will match the online offer price on a payg transfer to bill pay (at their discretion - lots of reports of other stores saying a plain "we can't" and advising customers to do as TouchingVirus suggested).

Might be worth popping into or calling your local shop to see (and possibly avoid the faffing about).

Also worth checking to see if you know anyone that works for Eircom/Meteor. If the "friends and family" offer is still ongoing (I'm not sure if it is tbh, something I'm trying to find out myself. If anyone can confirm one way or the other, that'd be great), you'd be able to pick up the €50p/m contract at €25p/m using one of their voucher codes

(btw, if you do know someone and they have an additional code going unused.... please feel free to drop me a line as I'd love to grab one :D)

Advertisement