Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET/C# issue with loading type for subdomain...

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've never really used subdomains before on my site but have just set one up through my web hosting UI/control panel...

My site uses an aspx and aspx.cs page, which loads no problem when I reference it normally like, "http://www.mydomain/learn/MyPage.aspx

But when I try to reference it as a subdomain I'm getting a parser error saying that it cannot load type.

When I create the subdomain "Learn" via my contol panel, it creates a new subfolder in my web root directory and this is where I've uploaded my files. I've also compiled the solution on MS Visual Web Developer and updated all the DLL files, as this has been the problem when I've had this "cannot load type" error before.

Also, as the page will load fine when I use the url: "http://www.mydomain/learn/MyPage.aspx, this I think can eliminate an out of date DLL as being the cause of the issue, but when I try to load the page usng my new subdomain http://www.learn.mydomain.com/MyPage.aspx, I get the "cannot load type" error.

Just wondering is there a different way of referencing the codebehind and inherits data at the top of the aspx page if I'm using a subdomain, as the issue seems to be a referencing issue I think???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I've just deleted the "inherits" attribute from the top line in my .aspx page and it runs fine now, weird?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Are you using relative references?
    ~/Page.aspx?

Giblet wrote: »
    Are you using relative references?
    ~/Page.aspx?

Yeah made sure I was doing that but still getting the error... :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Can you paste the start of the page declaration and any controls you import?

Giblet wrote: »
    Can you paste the start of the page declaration and any controls you import?

Thanks for the help Giblet, I worked out what the issue was, on a completely different page a control was not declared properly and it was causing an error and this seems to have stopped the DLL files from being rebuilt properly, I stupidly assumed the compiler would still build away and just skip over the error after reporting it.

Another good reason why it's good practice to code in an error free environment! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement