Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows7 'My Computer icon'

• 20-01-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi, Mr 'no expert' here lol.
    I have a 4 year old computer with windows XP. On my desktop there is an icon named 'My Computer'. When you click on this it shows your various drives etc etc. I thought all computer desktops had that.

Today went to help neighbour with their computer and there was no 'My Computer' icon to be seen. They had a Lenno? laptop with Windows 7. Is this normal now.

I also have to say I found the windows 7 software really difficult to navigate. I'm not sure but I think their 'MY Documents' icon was also located in the system tray down at the bottom right:confused:. It all seemed rather weiredly different to me.:confused:.

Any general comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

You can display whatever icons you like on your desktop. Instructions for Windows 7 here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

They dropped the ''MYs'' in Vista and 7.

The folders/icons are there under start - > computer/documents.
    Right click on computer, select show on Desktop for easier access.

If you're used to XP, there is something of a learning curve when you go to Win7 alright. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I think by default Windows 7 doesn't display the Computer and Documents folder (they dropped the 'My') on the desktop. You can access it easily from the Start menu and drag and drop to desktop from there if you so wish.

Windows 7 is a bit of a change if coming from XP - folders in different places and all that. Not to mention the new Libraries. It's well worth it once you get used to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thank you lads, I get the picture. I guess its just a question of spending the time and customising/tweaking it a little.
    I appreciate the comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Windows Logo+E :D

Maybe You shouldn't be the one "helping" the neighbour

• Advertisement
Advertisement