Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester hotels

• 20-01-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, Im going to Manchester to see United play and was planning to make a weekend of it. Has anyone got any recommendations for hotels that would be central for the city and Old Trafford. Dont want to break the bank either. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Premier Inn do £29 saver rooms if you are lucky with dates. Great hotel chain IMHO, and there's a few in Manchester (Portland St or GMEX are handy for City Center).

Next step down you have the Travelodge which do £19 rooms which are fine for footy breaks just dont expect luxury. There is a few of these also.

Avoid the Britannias btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Premier Inn beside the ground would suit you I'd say.
    Well I'm going by your user name maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Looking to go over next Feb, any recommendations for a hotel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Under no circumstances stay in the Travelodge in Great Ancoats Street.
    It's an absolute dump.

johnire wrote: »
    Under no circumstances stay in the Travelodge in Great Ancoats Street.
    It's an absolute dump.

Have you stayed anywhere that's not a dump?!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Would you care to explain what this comment means?
    Have you stayed anywhere that's not a dump?!! :)

johnire wrote: »
    Would you care to explain what this comment means?

Have u stayed in another hotel you could recommend in Manchester?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a little bit out of the centre, in Salford, but I've got some good prices in the Ibis.
    http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-6003-ibis-budget-manchester-salford-quays/index.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

My and my fiance go to Manchester every year to go to a match, you can't go past the premier inn, we always stay in the MEN(phones4u) one, it's central for shopping and pubs, just by printworks. And you can get the train out to old Trafford then too.

If he was going with the boys just to see the match he would probably stay in the old Trafford premier inn.

Advertisement