Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kingspan v pumped

• 20-01-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi .,. I am sttrting a new build soon and am just wondering which is the best type of insulation 60mm kingspan or leave cavity empty for now and get it pumped.,.im also thinking of using insulated plasterboard inside, thanks for any help or advice..,.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ziczac

I dont have an answer for you ,but i am also trying to decide on insulation types.
    The problem is everyone i speak to has good and bad things to say about both.
    There is also the question of pumped foam or pumped bead??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

i think im leaning towards kingspan or equivalant,. and insulatad plasterboard, not sure aboat the cost difference yet tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i dont know which is the most efficient but if i was building i would pump it because when building you can keep the cavity a lot cleaner (avoid snots,mortar on ties and droppings) which will help stop damp coming through and when building in insulation it never sits tight into the tougne and grove and there is always gaps somewhere espically at corners if proper corner pieces are not used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Definalty use insulated slabs on the blocks inside. totally worth it in the long run. I would pump the cavity but make sure the block layers seal it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

To the OP

Insulation, airtightness, ventilation, heat loss and load calcs, heat generation, distribution & control are all interdependent and should not be done in isolation. And then when you have figured out what the spec will be, workmanship is key. I assume you're building your own house and want to do it right the first time. Get good independent experienced professional advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement