Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you registered??

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Some people don't register to vote in order to ahem avoid detection for unpaid bills submitted to them by state bodies if you know what i mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I have an identical twin. If she doesnt vote I will not be wasting her vote.

What happens if she doesn't want to vote? Its her choice. You cant go around making up other people's minds. Get over yourself, so what they cut €8 a week off. Just find another job on the sly to make up what you lost and quit complaining in every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Yes I am.
    I'll be voting for the first time ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

@Hardluckwoman
    Do you understand what has happened to our country? Do you understand how serious it is?

Our government has bankrupted an entire country because they have too much invested interests in developers, banks and in themselves. They sold our country and us out from under our feet in return for a massive IMF/EU bailout loan to save European banks which lent wrecklessly to our mismanaged banks. Banks which fuelled an utterly unsustainable property boom. It is us, the Irish citizens that will carry the burden of bad business deals made by corrupt, greedy parasites. A loan which will take decades and decades to pay off if we can at all. Its going to have huge implications for everyone. A default will be highly likely for Ireland due to their overly optimistic plans. Our incoming government will need to act fast with radical reforms. All I know is that FF do not have any abilities to do that. They are only good a fcuking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

ome people don't register to vote in order to ahem avoid detection for unpaid bills submitted to them by state bodies if you know what i mean

If you mean the TV licence I'm pretty certain that this is a myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i'm not registered.. i wouldn't know who to vote for anyway, so whats the point?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i'm not registered.. i wouldn't know who to vote for anyway, so whats the point?

http://www.hark.com/clips/sfvdsmvfzc-dont-ask-me-im-just-a-girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

now now tar, derailing should be kept for your own forum :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm registered and I never even filled out anything? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm refusing to fill out that form without my tinfoil hat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Lads The check the register.ie is not accurate. I was listed as being on it and my parents listed as being off it. A quick call to the local county council told me otherwise. Jsut saying if you are not sure call or email your county council. Don't rely on Check the Register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I see Newstalk robbed my little awareness campaign...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I'm registered and I never even filled out anything? :confused:

Blame the Mammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

register.ie cork city has'nt been updated since 2009, so phone or email to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I certainly am :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

MadsL wrote: »
    If you mean the TV licence I'm pretty certain that this is a myth.

Nope, it is indeed used to locate evaders. Somebody posted up the process on the tv licence thread before. Also its used for local authority charges to catch people evading the charges.

Advertisement