Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ISP for quake in Dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My current connection is UPC (in Tallaght), which has been awfully laggy during peek times making it impossible to play. But I'm moving to ballyboden in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to try a new ISP.

Does anyone have experience with ISP's in that area or have any suggestions or who to switch to?

I saw that magnet gaming connection but its a bit too pricey for me atm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Have you tried messing with the router settings on your UPC router? Try turning off fireall + flood protection etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michael44

Yeah I have it off, It's just that I got unlucky with a particularly bad area. Magnet do 'no sharing' lines, so I'm kind of leaning towards them with the limited info I have. But renting a phone line makes it a lot more expensive than UPC was.

Anyone in the Ballyboden area that is happy with their ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

I'd say your going to be fairly limited on what isp u can get set up down in ballyboden, upc's fibre optic broadband should be fine during peak times, basically any fibre optic broadband will be grand during peak times, so magnet, upc stay away from eircom if u can though, their fibre optic broadband should also be fine but their prices are daylight robbery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michael44

Risk UPC being terrible again or pay a lot more for something that might not be that great anyway.

Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Oh don't bother with that magnet gaming thing, waste of money and it doesn't even look as good as the cheaper ones. I'm not sure if they'll be able to set this up in ballyboden because they weren't able to set it up for me and i live close enough to town but if u want a beast connection that will have really low ping then i'd say the 50mb fibre optic broadband from magnet will do the job, its 50 quid for it per month and u don't need to get a phone line in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement