Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche Fees and working Irregular hours?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi, I am a newby but eager to learn newby to all this :)
    So as my partner & I worked shift work, different days & hours each week...How do creches cater for this...Is one still accepted to pay full time fees & then just to let them know in advance which days the child will be attending etc? Hope someone out there could give some more advice in relation to my dilemma :) Thank You

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes,you would normally have to pay full time fees if your child maybe there anytime.
    A childminder might suit you better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You would really have to speak to the crèche as you may find that on some days they are full and can take no more kids. It would rightly screw with their pattern and so maybe a case that they are unwilling to agree. As said, go and talk to them and explain your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

hiya
    i think with this recession in full flow - creches are being a lot more flexible so you might get a deal that suits you.
    a childminder might suit you better thou if you are working very irregular hours..

Advertisement