Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conception advice

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone on here know if a single glass of wine, on a single evening (not every evening) effects a mans sperm THAT evening?

Wife going hysterical because I'm having a glass of wine on day XXX of the latest pregancy drive.

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Trying to Conceive

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Would think not but why not have the glass after the deed is done :) Everyone's a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Well, if your wife is anything like me, I would imagine that her going hysterical would be enough to make your testicles shrivel and your sperm to go into hiding, regardless of her reasons. Creating a nice cosy loved-up atmosphere is probably to be advised - no one wants their baby to be conceived during resentment-loaded robosex. Like Grawns said, save the wine for after. Or give it to your wife, it might chill her out a bit.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Guessing here, because I have zero medical expertise, but the stressing that your wife seems to be doing might be more detrimental to conception than the glass of wine you are drinking.

I havent heard any advice that the men should abstain from alcohol while TTC, but if you drink a fair bit, then you might need to cut down. Where did she hear this?

Advertisement