Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay Cheque not lodged from 2001!!!

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

:oHi All,

Yes, stupid I know!! :o:o:o I was clearing out some old files when I came across a pay cheque from a temp job I did in 2001! It is a detachable cheque that is part of a pay advice slip....

The amount is in Irish pounds! Now obviously I would imagine that I have ZERO chance of lodging a 9 year old cheque that is in Irish punts!!! What do you think the chances are of the recruitment company reissuing the cheque (in euros this time!)???:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I suppose technically they owe you the money, but if they refuse to pay, the statute of limitations has run out on you being able to take any action.

So no is the answer really, but worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

not a hope in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Well if said keeps any sort of proper trading accounts / financial records you'll be a creditor on their books. I would contact the company and see what goes. That being said AFAIK businesses are only obliged to keep records for 7 years, so you may have a job on your hands as they will probably dispute the chq to the ends of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Contact them and ask them to re-issue a new cheque

Advertisement