Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS server isn't responding

• 20-01-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys
    My Vodafone Huawei 556a router is messed up. There is constant click-click noise coming out of the router, the Dsl light will blink and the system would stop and restart it self immediately. This goes on for hours or sometimes the whole day. I do not know why there is the click- clicking noise and why the system would stop just to restart itself when ever you have the clicking noise. When I do a computer network trouble shooting, I get "DNS server not responding" error report. Pls. give a solution to ths problem some one.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

chaso312 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    My Vodafone Huawei 556a router is messed up. There is constant click-click noise coming out of the router, the Dsl light will blink and the system would stop and restart it self immediately. This goes on for hours or sometimes the whole day. I do not know why there is the click- clicking noise and why the system would stop just to restart itself when ever you have the clicking noise. When I do a computer network trouble shooting, I get "DNS server not responding" error report. Pls. give a solution to ths problem some one.:mad:

The 556a clicks when it connects via DSL. Its normal.

Is the modem connected through an ADSL splitter or filter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chaso312

No, the modem is not connected through an ADSL splitter or filter. when the loud clicking noise, starts my connection is dropped and reconnected each time the clicking noise starts. It has never happened so before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 imran101

Try Open DNS or Use these 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220

Advertisement