Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Front Door Repairs ??

• 20-01-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Evening All

Wondering if anyone can suggest if/how I can get repairs done to a PVC front door ?. Some of the ridges (I was going to say ornamental..but that's a bit over the top) got damaged when we were moving in furniture. Just the lower half...where there's a kinda raised inner-border. Semi-circular pieces (half-pipe ??) layed flat in a square. Anyway, these bits were broken/knocked-off. It's a rented house...and I can't believe I need to replace the door. I'm in Dublin by the way.

Hope the above makes sense...and thanks for any help.

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 likeacod

You probably just need to replace the raised pvc panel in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

...for replying guys. I'll put up some pics at the weekend. If I had to replace the panel...is this something routine for a PVc window/door firm ??.

Thanks, K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

yes im a glazier and it something i do pm me some pics and i,ll see what i can do for you

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

May be noticeable though if it's a white door and you put in a new panel.

Like if I repaint an internal white door but don't paint the frame as well. They'll look different due to fading/pinking.

But sure better than a damaged panel and if it's a upvc panel door they're not that expensive and tell the landlord to take it off his tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Raven_k42

...thanks for the replies...pics attached.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭davymc31

it looks like renniance panel from company called profile developments in limerick ,if you dont have any fancy glass in it you could just turn it around and patch the repair with silocone white if you have the bits you broke off or order a panel cut to exact size from profile and put it in panel would cost about €220 euro its not hard to change

Advertisement