Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a PS3...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

deRanged wrote: »
    if you like driving games then Gran Turismo 5.

Came with the machine, I tried to play it last night but was confronted with a two hour system update. :eek: ;)

Uncharted 2, MGS4 and Red Dead are on my to get list right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Just the second one,3rd is coming out for it too I think,I don't understand why they didn't release the first one on the ps3 though,didn't make just to release me 2,I have them for the pc,great games.

That is weird, especially seeing as the story line only gets better when you import your character from ME1 into ME2. Yeah I love them and just can't wait for ME3. You know it's meant to be set on Earth this time so that they can bring a multiplayer element into it???? *bounces up and down with excitement*

Are there any other good PS3 games that Sony have the rights to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Orizio wrote: »
    Came with the machine, I tried to play it last night but was confronted with a two hour system update. :eek: ;)

oh yeah - I should have warned you.
    I brought it home, had to delete files so I could install it, had a huge system update waiting, then had a large game update, then I was tired so I switched the console off :) didn't play it till the next day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NoDice wrote: »
    That is weird, especially seeing as the story line only gets better when you import your character from ME1 into ME2. Yeah I love them and just can't wait for ME3. You know it's meant to be set on Earth this time so that they can bring a multiplayer element into it???? *bounces up and down with excitement*

Excactly,so many good games out this yr,so little cash,maybe I should call into the credit union and ask for a loan :pac:

Are there any other good PS3 games that Sony have the rights to?

Not that I can think of but have you played red dead redemption,fantastic game,multiplayer is real fun.

I started playing it on the xbox but didn't finish it. I didn't like a lot of the gameplay.. Also I was upset shooting dogs and horses... Typical girl! :o I thought the ending (I've watched a playthrough) was a bit stupid too. I'm trying to be as vague as possible in case people here haven't played it. Huge map in the game too which I liked as I love to dick around in games a lot (hence why I'm still playing Fable and why I think I'll never play Fallout as that'll be the death of me).

It's just the gameplay in Red Dead put me off. It's typical Rockstar and as much as I like my GTA games, I hate the fact they force you into a chase straight after a cut scene and things like that. Sorry ranted a bit!

• Advertisement

Not that I can think of but have you played red dead redemption,fantastic game,multiplayer is real fun.

Actually I'd agree with you on the multiplayer on this game defo! It is awesome, especially the Shootout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

They are pretty good but reminded me of the first Tomb Raiders on the PC tbh.

That's my kind of game a bit of puzzle solving with some random violence mixed in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I started playing it on the xbox but didn't finish it. I didn't like a lot of the gameplay.. Also I was upset shooting dogs and horses... Typical girl! :o I thought the ending (I've watched a playthrough) was a bit stupid too. I'm trying to be as vague as possible in case people here haven't played it. Huge map in the game too which I liked as I love to dick around in games a lot (hence why I'm still playing Fable and why I think I'll never play Fallout as that'll be the death of me).

It's just the gameplay in Red Dead put me off. It's typical Rockstar and as much as I like my GTA games, I hate the fact they force you into a chase straight after a cut scene and things like that. Sorry ranted a bit!

Ah shooting dogs was the funnest bit :pac: and shooting randomers in the foot and watch hobble off was fun too :D,Did you play the zombie dlc?was good fun.

Ah shooting dogs was the funnest bit :pac: and shooting randomers in the foot and watch hobble off was fun too :D,Did you play the zombie dlc?was good fun.

Or hog-tying a random woman and leaving her on the train tracks! :D

Traded in the game before the DLC came out so missed out on that unfortunately. But at that time I had Crackdown and Dead Rising 2!

Good year for games alright. I just want to have the cash for LA Noire, ME3 and Dragon Age 2 when they come out. Brink will have to wait as will Homefront....

And shooting dogs is not funny! I was so upset when suddenly I read "shoot 5 dogs now". :(

Or hog-tying a random woman and leaving her on the train tracks! :D

If you hog tied a nun and left her on the tracks you get a trophy for it after the train comes :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

If you hog tie a nun and left her on the tracks you get a trophy for it after the train comes :/

:pac: I have to get this game now.

Yeah on the xbox it's to hogtie any woman and just watch her die by train. Another one that was actually impossible (well as I said I stopped playing) Kill and skin like 20 grizzly bears??? And they were beasts too!

Love the Fable achievements (trophies for PS3) - Perform a royal judgement dressed as a chicken. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

mudokon wrote: »
    :pac: I have to get this game now.

I too am now sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I too am now sold.

me three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

GT5...

Pros:

This wine coloured Alfa Romeo I just bought is freaking gorgeous.

Negs:

The opening courses are still very very ****.

How do I get rid of the blue newb racing line ?

Advertisement