Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALUMINIUM SHEET 8MM WANTED

• 21-01-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

im looking for 3.5ft x 3.5ft 8mm thick aluminium sheet ,anyone got a cut off similar to this size.i dont want to buy a full sheet,or does anyone know of a place that will cut for customers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

twincamman wrote: »
    im looking for 3.5ft x 3.5ft 8mm thick aluminium sheet ,anyone got a cut off similar to this size.i dont want to buy a full sheet,or does anyone know of a place that will cut for customers

Buy a sheet of it off Heaton Buckley Steel Merchants,then get a steel or metal fabrication shop to chop it in half with a guilotene/bench press machine.

Or cut through it with a jig saw and a HSS steel blade or a chop saw with a HSS cutting disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Radionics is another place... Bump.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Buy a sheet of it off Heaton Buckley Steel Merchants,then get a steel or metal fabrication shop to chop it in half with a guilotene/bench press machine.

Or cut through it with a jig saw and a HSS steel blade or a chop saw with a HSS cutting disc

i dont want to buy a full sheet as aluminium is expensive especially 8mm i only need 3ftx3.5ft.and it aluminium i need not steel

thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

i dont want to buy a full sheet as aluminium is expensive especially 8mm i only need 3ftx3.5ft.and it aluminium i need not steel

thanks for your help

If searching on the web you might have more luck searching for 8mm aluminium 'plate'. Sheet doesn't go up to those thicknesses/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

Impact metals in cork and Dublin will have that sheet for you. They will also cut to any size and are good in price.

thanks for your help

You really are a bit of a smart ar5e arent you.:rolleyes:

Heaton Buckley do aluminium too in variuos types and sizes.

Ive dealt with them a few times before.

Go and do your research next time buddy.

paddy147 wrote: »
    You really are a bit of a smart ar5e arent you.:rolleyes:

Heaton Buckley do aluminium too in variuos types and sizes.

Ive dealt with them a few times before.

Go and do your research next time buddy.

i didnt realise they did aluminium ,and i wasnt trying to be a smart xxxx .haha sorry if i came across as one thanks for the help :)

i didnt realise they did aluminium ,and i wasnt trying to be a smart xxxx .haha sorry if i came across as one thanks for the help :)

Theres also Amari out beside Liffey Valley,who specialize in everything made of aluminium too

From massive billet slugs and blanks for CNC machining to thin sheets of alloy sheeting.

Advertisement