Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor Lenihan on Vincent Browne tonight

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

DJCR wrote: »
    And who will replace him? Who wants to lead the Party into their biggest ever defeat?
    FF are better off getting battered and then re-emerging after the election with a new leader, shadow cabinet (I'm assuming they will be the largest party in opposition - though I admit that, thats not a sure thing at all)
    and most importantly new, younger candidates, to leave the cronyism behind.

If they don't oust him now there is a very real chance they may never recover at all!!

And as strange and horrifying as this sounds until the Labour party figure out how to run as many credible candidates as FG in elections, Irish politicsmight need FF as the largest party in opposition (albeit critically wounded), otherwise our entire opposition will be fronted by hard left / independents and protest politics, and I for one don't wish to see that scenario, where the opposition don't hold govt accountable or come up with policy which can be used .

We may be on the verge of seeing the death of the 3 party /Coalition system.

I wonder if Cowen feels proud of his record in govt this morning, hes managed to destroy 2 political parties and tread on what little faith that the Irish people had left in the political system here ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

gandalf wrote: »
    She like others then turned around and said "hmmm he has calmed down very quickly".

To be fair I'd say he was probably wrecked!! :D:D:D You can only repeat yourself so many times. Maybe a bit of degection as well as he replayed what he said in his mind!! I full expect him to leave or get sacked before the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Irish politicsmight need FF as the largest party in opposition (albeit critically wounded), otherwise our entire opposition will be fronted by hard left / independents and protest politics, and I for one don't wish to see that scenario, where the opposition don't hold govt accountable or come up with policy which can be used .

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Jesus, never even thought of that !!!!
    come up with policy which can be used

Oh labour where art thou? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

zig wrote: »
    I noticed that too, completely lost the head and a few seconds later hes answering the next question in a calm polite manner again.
    flutered wrote: »
    this seems to be the norm for members of the dispicable party.
    To be fair, it's necessary to do this if the tone changes, since otherwise you end up sitting there looking like a psycho while the rest of the panel moves on to a less heated issue. You can't just sit in a TV studio sulking about what someone said 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

He is on making a show of himself on Liveline right now. :rolleyes:

SB-08 wrote: »
    He is on making a show of himself on Liveline right now. :rolleyes:

Admitedly he does have the balls to face the people, his leadership haven't and have repeatedly avoided the people apart from when their own jobs were on the line (*cough* Mr.Cowen....)

Did he just threaten to vote against the govt. in the no-confidence motion at the end of that call??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jesus Conor is getting desperate for his seat going on Joe Duffy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

btw what does "take you full on with this matter" actually mean?

zig wrote: »
    btw what does "take you full on with this matter" actually mean?

Legal action perhaps? That is a court case I would love to see. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I do think he is being passionate and is genuinely distraught at what is happening. He said on TV that he was disappointed with his own brother! However, the analyst sitting beside him on VB asked him where was this kind of passion when the government had to take economic decisions? Thought it was a very good point by her - Who was she btw? Was impressed with some of her inputs last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Has that man recieved any media training. What an idiot. Hes really made himself look bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

However, the analyst sitting beside him on VB asked him where was this kind of passion when the government had to take economic decisions? Thought it was a very good point by her - Who was she btw? Was impressed with some of her inputs last night.

Her name is Dr Elaine Byrne from TCD and yes she was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

I do think he is being passionate and is genuinely distraught at what is happening. He said on TV that he was disappointed with his own brother! However, the analyst sitting beside him on VB asked him where was this kind of passion when the government had to take economic decisions? Thought it was a very good point by her - Who was she btw? Was impressed with some of her inputs last night.

I think that was Elaine Byrne last night, she's lectures Political Science in TCD.

George Hook about to discuss Conor's outburst on Vinny B last night. Hopefully he will get him on the line about it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Conor Lenihan has been all over the airwaves today, waffling on about how the party needs to remove Cowen.

However each time he's asked to resign, in protest at Cowen leadership, Lenihan says that Cowen is free to fire him instead.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

We really do deserve better than this charade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i have nothing personal against brian cowen nor any of them, but i think the party is now looking a circus, it has only brought itself to these low debts, how do they think we the public see them, not with respect, they lost that, cannot take them seriously as a political party, i would only expect the behaviour that is going on in the classroom of 14 yr olds, how can they think that anyone would want that kind of people running our country, they are making a laughing stock of us to the rest of the world, they sold our soveregnty for thirty pieces of silver, i think we should be reversing any decisions they and the other bandits the greens have made as soon as possible, and having the election tomorrow if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

these people are completly out of touch with the ordinary people, they seem to be in there own little world, which they control, do what they imagne needs to be done, we to them are just a tiny irritant which they need to listen to ocasionaly, (usualy every 4 years),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

flutered wrote: »
    these people are completly out of touch with the ordinary people, they seem to be in there own little world, which they control, do what they imagne needs to be done, we to them are just a tiny irritant which they need to listen to ocasionaly, (usualy every 4 years),
    they are acting far from professional or educated, actually starting to look like scumbags really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

goat2 wrote: »
    they are acting far from professional or educated, actually starting to look like scumbags really

I agree with everything here - except the starting bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

Has that man recieved any media training. What an idiot. Hes really made himself look bad.

I thought that before he was a T.D., he was political correspondant on a Dublin radio station? 98fm? He should be used to the media by now. Then again he did fall asleep on Ireland Am on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I saw Lenihan last night and he made a right fool of himself......one dost protest too much.... Browne was completely unfazed by Lenihan's outburst and carried on. It was great and what we were left with was Lenihan self serving and out to save his job.....disgusting.

Wide Road wrote: »
    How in your opinion does Vincent Browne vote?
    Does it show on his show?
    Did he quiz Enda & co as much

lol did Enda and co burn the country to the ground ?

he makes the questioning on Prime Time and RTE in general look pathetic

Down with the TV license!!

Conor is brilliant like that.

He raved and looked like he was a hairs breath from a fist fight
    the man looked like someone who would be dangerous with power
    SB-08 wrote: »
    Lenny's outbust was was an astonishing end to an astonishing day. He was nearly having a breakdown and I expected violence at one point. :eek:

was mental

Irish politicsmight need FF as the largest party in opposition (albeit critically wounded), otherwise our entire opposition will be fronted by hard left / independents and protest politics, and I for one don't wish to see that scenario, where the opposition don't hold govt accountable or come up with policy which can be used .

no we do not need FF we need new parties thats what we need

FF apologists and supporters amaze me, its time i got more vocal and forceful with them in person. They can go to hell now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lads thank you so much for posting this I was up at 3am this morning for work so did,nt bother watching VB the other night,What Elaine Bynre said about lenny jnr waffling on was hilarous:D.
    I noticed that he takes after his brother regarding finger pointing and trying to shout down the other person.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

lol did Enda and co burn the country to the ground ?

he makes the questioning on Prime Time and RTE in general look pathetic

Down with the TV license!!

I didn't say Enda or indeed anyone else burned the country to the ground. I don't know where you got that from?
    My point is that Vince didn't go around the car-parks looking for FG TD's that voted for or against Enda during the heave against him. I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

He raved and looked like he was a hairs breath from a fist fight
    the man looked like someone who would be dangerous with power

was mental

You're getting carried away with you opinions. There is no way Conor was going to fist fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Now which creative person is doing a video mash up ala Appentices style -

"Im CL and I really want this job Mr Electorate"

barf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

You're getting carried away with you opinions. There is no way Conor was going to fist fight.
    He would lose anyway :D

no we do not need FF we need new parties thats what we need

FF apologists and supporters amaze me, its time i got more vocal and forceful with them in person. They can go to hell now.

I'm far from.an ff apologist or supporter. If you had read my post correctly you would see that we need credible opposition be that ff/lab/ff and should have 2 parties as opposed to 3. If we had true alternatives as opposed to 3 sides almost identical to each other we wouldn't have to fear a far left protest alliance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Conor is brilliant like that.
    He really made Vincent sound like an idiot.
    Vincent uses too many words to make a simple point.

I have to assume you are joking, or else, maybe you are a little 'slow'.

Too many words? Or are the words too big and hard to understand.

Vincent Brown could just sit back and watch the selfish pig Conor shred his already tattered reputation. What a pro.

Conor got angry because he is stressed at the recent events and Vincent accused him of being in it for himself. Which is true, just like the rest of the FF gangsters.

"A man of the fame, not a man of the people" Tribe Called Quest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Conor's back on tonight. He obviously wasn't that upset with Vincent's comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cattleforker

166473_1800259614733_1487080452_2038357_4856010_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

looking forward to vb tonight.

folks - i gotta tell ye.
    there's a lot of dismissal of conor lenihan, and understandably so .

however i reckon he's gonna be either numero uno or numero, er, twoero in 5-8 years down the road.

remember these words....

Advertisement