Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current list of city centre clubs for 18 to 24 year olds?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 1:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi
    Heading out in dublin saturday night,but alot of the online listings seem out of date,going to staying city centre so looking for advice etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

www.entertainment.ie they'd probably be your best bet.

Heading out on a Saturday I'd recommend The Palace (over 20's), Tramco bit 15 min walk from City Centre or 21's just for the cheap drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Whelans or Doyles are usually decent enough on a Saturday night,Sin é on the quays is pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Club M beneath Blooms Hotel in Temple Bar (Chart music)

21s on D'Olier St (for the kids)

Academy on Abbey Street(electro and indie-bit of an alternative spot),

Twisted Pepper also on Abbey St (techno/electro/house etc)

Alchemy also in Temple Bar (chart music), expensive and gone downhill in my opinion, very Leaving Cert student orientated these days, avoid.

Messr Maguires, just a big pub really but a good spot.

Copper Face Jacks on Harcourt Street (chart music and r n b), you've probably heard of it before now. Very expensive in, over priced drink, barely able to move it's so packed and known as a place for culchies to go in Dublin. I don't like it at all myself but each to their own. Over 20s

D2 and Diceys also on Harcourt St (chart music again). Both pub/nightclub type places popular with after work crowds. Cheap drinks. Over 19s for both I think.

The massive Pod complex in the old Harcourt St. Station which includes Tripod and Crawdaddy. Sometimes they open up the whole thing and there's about 8 or 9 different rooms, massive club. Every type of music plays there. Generally Tripod is seen for mroe of the 18-19 age group while Crawdaddyis bit older-early twenties.

Palace on Camden St (chart music again). Worth going just for the design and layout. Can have bouncers who are difficult to get along with to say the least. Age policy seems to vary nightly and by short the dress is if you're a girl and how drunk you are if you're a lad.

Bucks Whaleys on Leeson St (some sort of dance, only been once). Never really liked this spot myself, felt it's very small and crowded and a bit posery.

NV Club also on Leeson St but I've never been inside.

Howl at the Moon is slightly out of the way on Mount St but worth the trek. Lots of different floors, different bars, chandeliers, different music, good spot.

There's also Whelans, the Village, Spy/Wax, Base Bar, ALT, Fibbers and probably loads more but I'm too lazy to write about them :pac:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What kind of music OP? The Workman's Club is always full on Saturdays, indie tunes. The Oak and Whelans are also good for some rock and indie. Transmission is on in Tripod this Saturday, dance and electro.

Twee. wrote: »
    What kind of music OP? The Workman's Club is always full on Saturdays, indie tunes. The Oak and Whelans are also good for some rock and indie. Transmission is on in Tripod this Saturday, dance and electro.

The Workmans Club resembles people out of this song

:D Sorry Twee.

Last time I was in the Oak a few months back there was literally 10 people in it, used to be there fairly reguarly but each week it would be emptier. Whelans and Transmission are decent mind you.

• Advertisement

Yeah Trans should be good this week. They've moved from Button Factory weekly to a monthly night at Pod.

Saturday night is now over 21s at WMs which definitely weeds out the mini Topshop/Topman clothes horses :D

Yeah Trans should be good this week. They've moved from Button Factory weekly to a monthly night at Pod.

Saturday night is now over 21s at WMs which definitely weeds out the mini Topshop/Topman clothes horses :D

Ye remember the last few times I was at Trans in Button Factory it was dead, but the music would be slick, haven't been to it in the Pod yet, must give it a try.

Weeds out the muppets but also weeds out people who aren't over 21 yet!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

http://afterdark.ie/ lists a lot clubs around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Going by the fact you've 92 in your name OP I'll assume your 18, 19 maybe.

Alchemy, 21s, Purty Kitchen etc are all popular with 18/19 year olds but IMO they're ****e to be honest. The Academy is a good spot, good music with a crowd ranging from 18 to early 20s. Never been to Tripod but it's supposed to be good.

Just a heads up with the Academy on a Saturday, it's a good night but jesus don't bring a jacket or anything you plan to put in the cloth room, was in there on Saturday and the queue was crazy. The queue into the Academy was mental, but moved swiftly but the cloth room queue was going at snails pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Propaganda in Academy?

That's a really cool place to go. Went there for a friends 21st. Music is really good. Good to dance to. I'm an oldie though so I kinda felt out of place but defo the place to go if you're 18-22.

You might like Dandelion if you're more into pop, r n'b music. Kinda expensive though.

Just a heads up with the Academy on a Saturday, it's a good night but jesus don't bring a jacket or anything you plan to put in the cloth room, was in there on Saturday and the queue was crazy. The queue into the Academy was mental, but moved swiftly but the cloth room queue was going at snails pace.

And it costs €3 per item!! A mate of mine was charged separately for two items, he had a hoody under his jacket and decided to put both in. I thought that was mad, any other place I've been would let you hang them together!

And it costs €3 per item!! A mate of mine was charged separately for two items, he had a hoody under his jacket and decided to put both in. I thought that was mad, any other place I've been would let you hang them together!

I managed to get into the VIP area so we could leave all our coats and things on the couches up there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Propaganda is very good, im 25, felt a little old but not enough to stop me going again, and yes the cloakroom queue is ridiculous!

On what the guy said about coppers-expensive to get in? fiver some nights, 10 at weekends so average, drink is cheaper compared to a lot of clubs in town and its packed full of dubs these days. The culchies are still there but thats generally a stereotype. It does be packed though, dont go if you dont like rowdy spots, it gets messy!

Tripod/pod etc are great venues but you need to know whats on the night youre going-different promoters/club nights etc and varying door prices as a result.

Workmans club seems to be the "cool" place to be at the minute, i personally thought it was ****e and think im being dragged there again saturday! :(

I like upstairs in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My friend had a run-in with cloak room staff in Dandelion because of this. I mean, if it's all on the same hanger what does it matter? Total effin rip off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Best place to go on a Thursday night? group of lads all between 19-21 heading up and we haven't a clue where to head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Octopussy in the Academy on Abbey Street.

Palace on Camden St on a Thursday is quality, over 19's too so no kids.:D

Palace on Camden St on a Thursday is quality, over 19's too so no kids.:D

Pretty cool club for Dublin to be honest but the crowd is usually made up of 'The OMG How the fock ooor you, roysh?' brigade so it puts me off a bit.

Pretty cool club for Dublin to be honest but the crowd is usually made up of 'The OMG How the fock ooor you, roysh?' brigade so it puts me off a bit.

Ye you're right, but there does be a good mix of culchies and proper Dubs most weeks, at least when I head there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

feed off them idiots, i buzz off them and their fake accent, they rip into me cause i aint got one....

"its all good babeh babeh" - the pharcyde

Advertisement