Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisocial Behavour

• 21-01-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone recently a new family have moved into our estate and are causing a lot of greef dre kids out all night in nappies and tracksuits scraping our cars with stones letting the air out of our wheels hurling abuse at everyone breaking windows etc etc I have rang the owner of the house (landlord) but he wont return my calls another neighbour has told me that Limerick County Council have taken over the house does that mean I should call them or do I need to write to them any advice is very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Are you renting or homeowner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Limerick IS THE BEST

Home owner well I live with my elderly mam would that make a differance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Contact the council.

I will ring them in the morning thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Call to the Landlord's home at night, every night that you are being bothered. An eye for an eye and all that. You get annoyed and landlord is annoyed by you. He'll soon take action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

hi

first of all ring housing in limerick county council they are very interest in tenants behaving badly and secondly get in your car and go to the landlords house and explain what is happening. at the end of the day its the landlords reposibility its his house. keep ringing until he answers. we had this problem. if you are awake at 2am ring him. he wont be long sorting it out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

maryk123 wrote: »
    hi

first of all ring housing in limerick county council they are very interest in tenants behaving badly and secondly get in your car and go to the landlords house and explain what is happening. at the end of the day its the landlords reposibility its his house. keep ringing until he answers. we had this problem. if you are awake at 2am ring him. he wont be long sorting it out then.

Actually you should follow up your call with A LETTER .to council
    Call them after each incident--follow up with letter to both Council and landlord
    Keep a copy of all letters and a log of your phone calls to Council and Landlord
    The council may give u his mobile
    Also keep a note of all incidents
    It is a bit of a pain but if u persist the Council must act
    Decent folk have rights too

Thank you everybody for the advice I rang the council today several times and was passed from pillar to post left a few messages hopefully somebody will ring m back I keep trying the landlord so does my neighbour but he wont answer. the mother of this family was out at the gate all day in her pajamas smokin cigarate after cigarate as if she owned the place I counted 20 different teenagers coming and going into the house during my lunch hour today one arrived on a horse with a small cart scary stuff hopefully it can be sorted out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

I'd suggest that you keep a diary of events i.e. if you are woken at 3am, write it down/note it. Log every incident and present this to council/landlord at each and every opportunity.

yes I will do this thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

I lived in Raheen my entire life and my parents still live there, (Homeowners.) Every time I come back home I'm SHOCKED at the way the neighbourhood has gone. In our estate alone two families have moved in and they are desperate.

Within weeks of them moving in our home was robbed, (jumping to conclusions I know but still,) graffitti has appeared in our estate (and not cool banksy-type graffitti,) and the amount of rubbish around is digusting. After Christmas there was a child's buggy, cardboard boxes and a cot just left at the end of the estate.

What's more is that they are really, really intimidating. My younger brother is only 14 and the young lads shout at him and stuff.

It's really really disheartening to see the place look so run down and crappy. But one feels like they can't do anything against these kind of people.

I agree Lambseye I am dreading this weekend they are realy intimaditing to say the least I am afraid to go out now incase the house gets robbed. my old bike went missing from the side of the house a couple of weeks ago thought someone took it for scrap but one of the kids was cycling it around today with no tyers now its just thrown in the green in front of our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭twogunkid

Thank you everybody for the advice I rang the council today several times and was passed from pillar to post left a few messages hopefully somebody will ring m back I keep trying the landlord so does my neighbour but he wont answer. the mother of this family was out at the gate all day in her pajamas smokin cigarate after cigarate as if she owned the place I counted 20 different teenagers coming and going into the house during my lunch hour today one arrived on a horse with a small cart scary stuff hopefully it can be sorted out soon.

In your communications with Council do not refer to the ethnic background of your new neighbours as you could b accused of being racist,
    That would hurt your case

Example --This Chinese guy arrived on a horse --This American Guy--Jewish guy , This traveler guy etc--

I wish u well

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcarrol2

Are you renting or homeowner?

Why does that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcarrol2

My advice would be to call the Guards as often as possible, the more complaints logged against this family, the sooner you get action...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Hi everyone recently a new family have moved into our estate and are causing a lot of greef dre kids out all night in nappies and tracksuits scraping our cars with stones letting the air out of our wheels hurling abuse at everyone breaking windows etc etc I have rang the owner of the house (landlord) but he wont return my calls another neighbour has told me that Limerick County Council have taken over the house does that mean I should call them or do I need to write to them any advice is very welcome.
    You need the help of your neighbours in tackling the issue. Not just the one letter but many individual letters, especially registered and keep each copy for any future legal action that you and your neighbours should take.

Also Call and write to social services in the HSE as well, as the kids are unsupervised late at night causing anti social behaviour. Report all incidents with written as well as photo's video evidence to the Gardai/Council/HSE/Councillors/TD's/Goverment departments of Health, Family services & Justice and call them especially at night and let them hear the noise.
    Call the Gardai with each one of your neighbours calling them at the same time. The more you and your neighbours complain To the Gardai on every incident of harassment and destruction of property that that family is responsible for the sooner they have to act. And most importantly get a written report from the Gardai station as this is a record of incidents for any future court case. If the Council is responsible for the family that cause property damage, get your solicitors involved and sue the state groups that put the family there for Damage, Harassment and any health issue due to stress. If the Problematic Family are keeping you up at night and missing work because of it then sue to that too for any loss of income. This family would have a history of anti social behaviour and the Solicitor should be able to get this and together with your neighbours sue the state agency involved.

Also Call your local councillors and TD's (Make it an Election issue). If kids are into anti social behaviour causing damage including late at night then, the State should be taking action against the Parents. Leave Phone message with them too as they are responsible for finance and legislations and lack of the various state Agencies for the family for been there. Follow up with Written letters to your councillors and TD's and to the New candidates, do this with your neighbours. If kids are not supervised then the kids could be targeted for abuse by others or even kidnapped, and we will have another Madeline McCann at our very own doorstep.

All Late Noise complaints must be made by phone and written letter (registered) by Two or more neighbours of all incidents to the Council and the Gardai. The Council can prosecute the family for Noise complaints and the Gardai can fine them.

There is no point of owning a home when you been harassed by people who the state or state Agencies have taken responsibility for devaluing the Area and your home to pittens never mind half price drop due the the recession and degrading your and your family health with constant abuse and harassment.
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/ysys/Complaints/Officers/PCCC/West/NTipperaryELimerick.html

Complaints Department.
    Kerstin Murray A/ Child Care Manager HSE West, Annbrook Hse, Limerick Rd,, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary 067 38300 Email

Ita O'Brien Child Care and Family Services Child Care Directorate, St. Joseph's Hospital, Mulgrave St. Limerick 061 461349 Email

Kevin O'Farrell Child Care Manager HSE West, Ballycummin Ave, Raheen Business Pk, Limerick 061 482792 Email
    List of Limerick County Councillors: http://www.lcc.ie/Councillors/Councillors/
    List of Limerick TD's: http://www.kildarestreet.com/tds/

Hi Lmklad

Thank you for your advice I have mailed all of these contacts and made a complaint re our new neighbours the torture here is ongoing we are prisioners in our own home Lanlord still not answering his phone think he lives in cork somewhere my sister is trying to find out his address I will drive down and call to his house to report what is going on in his house.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 needcar

jesus, where is this happening? sounds like it was a nice area before this family was housed there. the reason im asking is i am moving mid feb to a suburb and getting slightly worried now :(

Rhebogue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

cant offer any more advice than has been offered already - only my condolences

I'm amazed the destruction of once settled areas hasn't become a huge election issue around Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

mitresize5 wrote: »
    cant offer any more advice than has been offered already - only my condolences

I'm amazed the destruction of once settled areas hasn't become a huge election issue around Limerick

one of the best suggestions that i have heard.

Advertisement