Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Card

Options
  • 21-01-2011 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Lost my student card, how strict are they about needing it to get into exams? Don't fancy paying €20 for a new one when I only need it for exams. I seen people get into the exams without one last week, do they let ya in the summer ones too or are they strict?

It'd be a bit harsh to not let ya sit an exam cos ya dont have it with ya.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One of my friends got into a summer exam a few years ago. It was only one exam though.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Apparently (thats my disclaimer) you can report your wallet stolen to the 5-0 and get a letter off them which ya can then use to get into all the exams opposed to one.

I paid the 20 bob for a new one in second year I think then found me ould one sitting in a copy when I went to study 2 seconds later, I was not impressed.

Anyway 20 quid is fúcking extortion as far as im concerned, what does the extra money made since they started charging go to I wonder? Cause I highly doubt the cost of producing 1 is €20

Ah I remember when theyd throw them to ya for free like there was no tomorrow, sadly capatalism took over and due to a monopoly of the market the swines in the library can charge as they please :p

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Got a replacement. They either forgot to charge me or they've done away with it, either way I've still got my €20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭dingding

You need it to get into the library also.

You need to scan the card to open the barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

dingding wrote: »
    You need it to get into the library also.

You need to scan the card to open the barrier.
    Yeah, that's only a new thing though. Which is why I decided I better get one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement