If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46 inch tv options?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just confirmed to buy a JVC 350 projector from you last week, now I also want to buy a 46 inch TV, something from the following list would be good:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-should-i-buy/1331407-best-non-3d-tv.html

Or any other options I can consider?

My budget is up to 1200 euro (flexible though, if its worth the money), and Im looking for a TV that when I check it out on the usual forums it will be one of the popular models discussed as its a) reasonable money (Im not interedted in 3D by the way) and b) its a fantastic tv for the price.

Thanks!

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Steve

Guess there will be no such thing as a small TV in your house then!

I can offer you from the Philips range of TV's the following.

First up is the Philips 46PFL5605H
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/46pfl5605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    This is where the Philips TV range starts to get interesting
    Its a LED Back Lit LCD TV
    500000:1 contrast ratio
    1080p Full HD set
    2ms response times
    Pixel Plus HD processing
    MPEG4 Digital tuner
    plus as you'll see from the spec lots more

This TV has been reduced to €1149.99 in store and would make a great everyday TV when not basking in the Projectors glory.

A much more interesting TV is my next option
    The Philips 46PFL7605H this is one of my favourite TV's in store - great features and image quality for the price

Check out spec here
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/46pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf
    This TV builds on the features and quaility of image of the 5 series range
    Its an Edge Lit LCD TV
    uses the more powerful Pixel Precise HD image processor
    Is a NET TV (Wired but there is an optional Wireless dongle - PTA01 for €49.99)
    has Ambilight Spectra 2
    offers better connectivity over the 5 series.

It is a little over your budget as its €1349.99 reduced form €1499.99 in our SALE but I think it is worth the extra money over the 5 series TV.

Hopefully the lads from Richer Sounds will come back with prices on the other models for you - you can contact Dave there via Boards and twist his arm for prices - I believe his left arm is delicate so a twist that one eh!

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Thanks for the reply Ash,

I had a look on google and the first thing i saw is that pixmania are a fair bit lower in price on these models. I'll assume for now you would price match and have a good look through reviews of these tv's. Im not fond of the ambilight effect though.

Im looking at the LG 47LE8900 at the moment, John/ Dave do you have this in stock?

Thanks again,

Steve

Hi Steve

i'll look into these and get back to you with a price

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gyro_Gearloose

Hi Steve

i'll look into these and get back to you with a price

atb
    Ash

Would you mind to give me the price as well? I'm also looking for the same TV...

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

soldsold wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Ash,

I had a look on google and the first thing i saw is that pixmania are a fair bit lower in price on these models. I'll assume for now you would price match and have a good look through reviews of these tv's. Im not fond of the ambilight effect though.

Im looking at the LG 47LE8900 at the moment, John/ Dave do you have this in stock?

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve / Gyro,

Yep we have the 47LE8900 available from stock at the moment in small quantities at £1199.95 - it really is a superb TV to be honest and when these one's are gone - they are gone.

Keep me posted if you would like to grab one.

STEVE - on the Projector issue - did you get the invoice/mail from Dave - if not (he is off sick unfortunately) just drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll get it over to you today and get the ball rolling.

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

soldsold wrote: »
    I had a look on google and the first thing i saw is that pixmania are a fair bit lower in price on these models. I'll assume for now you would price match and have a good look through reviews of these tv's.

Would be interested to see a reply on this. I'm in the market for a 46 inch TV, I've posted some quote requests recently, and if I can't justify the 8605 I will likely choose 46PFL7605H.

Thanks,

Justin

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Just a note to say I've gone with a 42 inch panasonic G20, really happy with the customer service once again. Nothing like talking to people who know their stuff!

Hi JustMac

Both the 46PFL8605 and the 7605 are very cool TV's
    I'd say one of the prime reasons people go for the 8 Series is the 3D readiness (not to mention its a 200Hz TV with a faster respones time oh and our top notch Perfect Pixel HD processor...)

Both TV's have been very popular and the 46PFL7605 is excellent value at the moment - and excellent spec'd as well.

If you'd like to see them both in the flesh call in and I can demo them for you no worries.

I'll look into pricing and get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi JustMac

Both the 46PFL8605 and the 7605 are very cool TV's
    I'd say one of the prime reasons people go for the 8 Series is the 3D readiness (not to mention its a 200Hz TV with a faster respones time oh and our top notch Perfect Pixel HD processor...)

Both TV's have been very popular and the 46PFL7605 is excellent value at the moment - and excellent spec'd as well.

If you'd like to see them both in the flesh call in and I can demo them for you no worries.

I'll look into pricing and get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I've cheekily organised a demo of the 8605 next week in a local place. Though its a smashing set, from reviews it seems that there might be an issue with crosstalk on the 3D material which might lead me to go with the 7605 or 5605 instead.

You can see that I've also recently requested some other quotes in the same vein: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056140030 and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056099372.
    I would be getting the other gear mentioned in those requests too (AV, Blu-Ray, Speakers etc). I recently moved over to Sky+HD so I'm really eager to change the system soon but I'm hoping to bag a bargain and the price of the 7605 on that other site is quite tempting.

(BTW. Would most likely be interested in extending to the 5 year warranty on the TV)

You can reply or PM me with the good news ;)

Thanks,

Justin

No Worries Justin

I'll get back to you with a price on both TV's.

you are aware that the 5 Series and 7 series TV's are not 3D models aren't you?? - just checking:)

It looks like John put packages together for you a while back i see from your links, I'll see what I can do on the TV side of things

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

No Worries Justin

I'll get back to you with a price on both TV's.

you are aware that the 5 Series and 7 series TV's are not 3D models aren't you?? - just checking:)

It looks like John put packages together for you a while back i see from your links, I'll see what I can do on the TV side of things

atb
    Ash

Yeah, I know the 5 and 7 series aren't 3D. Its not an esseential. Would be nice to have but the content is slightly lacking and the technology doesnt seem to be perfect just yet. There just doesn't seem to be any value in the 3D options IMHO.

I'm sure I can order the AV, BluRay etc from John if I get the TV sorted.

Justin

Hi JustMac

PM sent with prices on the 46PFL7605 and 46PFL8605H

have a looksee and let me know what you think

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.